my ever growing flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Haych, May 12, 2011.

1. Haych

Haych Out Of The Brooder

Right, I have twelve chickens, and five chicks.

I have
    1. babs (blue orpington)- so called due to her plumpness apparently she reminded my other half of babs out of chicken run!

[​IMG]

2. Maggie (blue orpington x bantam) (surrogate mum of chicks)- I couldnt think what to name her so I just came up with maggie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Peggy (wyandotte x white lace)- so called due a leg injury when I first got her and she had a peg leg. (the white one)

[​IMG]

4. woody (cuckoo orpington) - so called due to her type of orpington

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. buffy - a buff orpington, you can guess the rest!

[​IMG]

6. 7.8. the angels (silver partridge pekin bantams) - the other half decided he thought they reminded him of charlies angels.

[​IMG]

9.10.11. hop, skip and jump (lemon (I think) pekin bantams) - they literally hop, skip and jump around the garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. sally (cochin lavander peking bantam) - there was a harry to this duo until he decided crowing was fun.

[​IMG]

5 chicks - other half was gonna call them chandler, joey, ross, phoebe, monica and rachel (there was six eggs). these are lemon cuckoo, silver partridge and splash pekin bantams

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can tell, my other half has a wild imagination.....

the devestating thing is these chickens mean the world to me, but come septemeber I may have to rehome them due to new tenancy agreements coming into play where livestock (inc chickens) are not allowed to be kept.

this news devestates me, especially as there is nothing I can do to stop it (theyre being that obnoxious I may even have to rehome two of my cats)

ANYWAY, hope you enjoyed the pics [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Aww Nice flock you got their [​IMG]

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] What a beautiful bunch you have there! I am sorry to hear you may need to rehome them. [​IMG]

4. Scottingitup

Scottingitup Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Crestview, FL
    Hey a few of my birds are named after friends too [​IMG] Don't knock it! [​IMG]

5. Player Hater

Player Hater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    gorgeous

6. Haych

Haych Out Of The Brooder

thanks guys, I do adore my babies lol

they look tatty in them pics as they were so scared of the camera lol, they had giraffe necks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by