My Experience w/ Lancaster Fancy Fowl

aaoddancer14

Chirping
5 Years
May 25, 2015
I'm not the type of person to go after people online or write mean reviews, but I had a bad experience with Lancaster Fancy Fowl.

I live near their hatchery so I went to pick up 3 silkie chicks from them. They brought an armfull of them out for me to pick, and the first 2 I was looking at looked unhealthy, possibly sick. I ended up picking the 3 that I wanted, and when I was heading back to the car someone who worked there stopped me and recommended that I pick a different chick because 1 of the chicks I chose didn't look right to him. I agreed and took my chicks home. After a few weeks, 2 of them were dead. I would like to mention that I take very, very good care of my chickens. I don't raise them for eggs or to show them, I just keep a few for pets and they are treated really well. The one who survived turned out to be my favorite chicken, Remi. She's a gorgous splash silkie but she's always been smaller than my others. We've been running into lots of health issues with her lately. I've been told from a few different people that it probably has to do with their breeding program.

My dad ended up calling them to explain what happened, but they said something about it probably being something that we did and we didn't get a refund or free chicks. I believe the chicks were $15-$20 per chick. I've now heard several other people that have gotten chickens from them complaining and someone I was talking to online also said that they weren't able to get any discount or refund after their birds died. Anyway, I'm done with my rant but I just figured that since this is one of the bigger more popular hatcheries to get chickens from in the area that I'd tell some of you guys about my experience. Have any of you gotten chicks from them?

I tried to reach out to them before getting chicks and I think I left five messages plus five emails until someone called me back. I asked if we could come see their chickens to decide what we wanted. I was told no. She said that we could order them and them pick them up. They don't let anyone in where the chickens were

Well needles to say we didn't choose them. I'm sorry you lost your chicks.

I have a sizzle rooster I have to rehome if you are interested. I got a mixed batch of chicks so of course we have several roosters. I am having a hard time letting them go but I know I have to.

I have attached a picture. We are in Lancaster County

Those pics aren't too good. Here's another one.

I am pretty new to chickens but the breeder I got them from said if you breed him with another silkie you will get half silkies and half sizzles.

He is so adorable.

I'm waiting on my pullets from LFF and am not very hopeful. Ive been told to wait a couple of weeks every couple of weeks since April.
1f625.png
I need at least two more so the two I have can overwinter comfortably in their new coop. Where else in the Pa area (bucks/berks/Montgomery/Lancaster/Chester/Delaware counties) can I purchase 'fancy' pullets?

I tried to reach out to them before getting chicks and I think I left five messages plus five emails until someone called me back. I asked if we could come see their chickens to decide what we wanted. I was told no. She said that we could order them and them pick them up. They don't let anyone in where the chickens were

I have a sizzle rooster I have to rehome if you are interested. I got a mixed batch of chicks so of course we have several roosters. I am having a hard time letting them go but I know I have to.

Blue copper marans, buff Orpington, blue laced red Wyandotte, and Easter egger (auracana) are the four I have paid LFF for. He said he may have the marans and Easter egger this weekend and the other two by the 15th. Since we keep getting wait listed I think I need to find them elsewhere. These were our first choices but I can pick others if those aren't available.
What are you looking for?

Too bad I wasn't closer- I would love to have your rooster!
As far as LFF, I have tried calling & emailing in regards to their serama chicks & have not received any answers. I'm unable to find any serama breeders here in NJ so I was hoping for some positive feedback.

Back
Top Bottom