My family, I don't know how you do this

Quote:
I agree 100%. Find out what actually happened at the dentist's office. Your Mom goes in without a speech problem and comes out with one - dang skippy I'd be trying to figure out what went wrong. And I'd not accept the dentist's 'oh well, it just happens' explanation. Something is fishy about that.

A dentist almost killed my pain medication high tolerant DH a while back. Kept giving him more and more gas because he could still feel the pokes and prods. Sent him to the ER and they said they have never seen anyone with that much gas in them still breathing. Dentists are doctors of the TEETH. When they err, it can be devestating.

Last edited:
That is SCARY, Tala. They need some better security. Maybe a "doorbell" that sounds in hte house when someone enters the driveway? A loud siren alarm on any outbuildings? Lots of security signs ("This Home Protected By Such And So Security Company" and "SMILE!, You're On Security Camera!")

Quote:
I have told them a hundred times over.....
but getting them to do anything besides change locks seems to be a lost cause.

My mom likes the *idea* of a good, loud, deterrent-type dog, but she has no idea how to get to that point, and no desire to work on it either. She is one of those people who thinks you can throw a dog in the back yard fence and expect it to figure out how to behave without much training from you. My dad is smart enough to know that's not a good way to keep a dog, and not fair to the dog, so he doesn't want to get a dog - for the right reasons since he isn't wanting to train one. No, a dog would not work for them, even though it's probably what they really need.
idunno.gif

Motion sensor lights and security cameras are getting much cheaper nowadays. They would make a nice investment in an area that has that many criminals.

Those motion sensor alarms that you put up on driveways will chime when the wind blows! This makes people want to turn them off just to get some relief.

I'd still keep a gun handy and get your sis some good training in its use. A young girl at home alone with some guy trying to break in? Terrifying! A .12 guage pump shotgun makes a great sound and quite a hole in something when used effectively.

Quote:
They have PLENTY of flood lights.

All 3 incidents have happened on Friday mornings betwen 9 and 10 am ---- while people are supposed to be at work. Motion lights don't apply in broad daylight. Not sure about the driveway sensor thing. Personally I think a sturdy gate would be best, but mom thinks it's too much hassle, or perhaps she thinks it would look ugly unless she put out a bunch of money for a fancy one, I dunno. Mom can be weird about stuff like that.

My sis, well I take her to the range, she can shoot, but she really doesn't have as much training as she needs. I'm afraid she would hesitate to shoot someone, and end up getting the gun used against her
idunno.gif
not really sure where to go from here. She needs some real self defense training.
The class I went to was age 21+ . . . and a lot of stuff I know, just from experience. I've worked at WalMart, and walked all over town at night, and heck I deliver pizza -almost got robbed once. She hasn't been out "on the street" yet, if you know what I mean. Although, by now she's probably getting plenty of experience giving police reports
hmm.png

ETA: Actually just writing this out did give me an idea, my concealed carry class instructors teach self defense type stuff. I'm gonna email them, see what kind of classes they offer that might help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom