My father-in-law broke my chickens!

wow that is strange, I dont even own any chickens.
But im feeding a group that is free range, even got to be close to 1 hen ans saw her babies, had 4 now only 1.
And I sad about the 3 thats gone. I hope to get some of my own soon..

The worst part about this is like father like son. Be very careful with putting the same responsiblity on you husband. You never know. Though my dad died drinking, I won't repeat the old saying.

And traveling and owning chickens, I don't think you should have gotten chickens if traveling was on the agenda. The two don't mix. Same with a dairy and anything to do with any animal that look to you for their care. I think you have to chose one or the other.

That would forever damage the family relationship for me. I view it as a serious character deficiency in someone if they allow a defenseless animal to starve. It's also why we never put the care of our chickens in the hands of someone else, not ever. I'm sorry for your situation. I'd be so furious, I would probably explode into a million pieces in his face, I fear.

I have only one person in my life who I would trust with my birds, but she lives in another state and would have to travel here to house sit, however, she has a flock of her own and knows and loves mine already. No one else, especially not family, do I trust with the care of these chickens.

Is it time for a stewpot?? Of course not! They were starved, for goodness sake. They can't produce eggs with no nutrition.

Last edited:
I am so lucky to have neighbors who love my chickens as much as we do and take fantastic care of them for me on an occasional weekend trip. They don't eat many eggs but haven't had to buy an egg since mine started laying. I wouldn't trust my Girls with anyone else.

That would forever damage the family relationship for me. I view it as a serious character deficiency in someone if they allow a defenseless animal to starve. It's also why we never put the care of our chickens in the hands of someone else, not ever. I'm sorry for your situation. I'd be so furious, I would probably explode into a million pieces in his face, I fear.

I have only one person in my life who I would trust with my birds, but she lives in another state and would have to travel here to house sit, however, she has a flock of her own and knows and loves mine already. No one else, especially not family, do I trust with the care of these chickens.

Is it time for a stewpot?? Of course not! They were starved, for goodness sake. They can't produce eggs with no nutrition.

ummmmmm yeah what she said. I would be livid! I would hope dear husband could understand why his tiny wife was chasing his father with a spray can of red paint, painting bullseyes on him and loading a rifle while saying... "run dad".
somad.gif

PS...of course I would go chicken sit for you ...and steal some Cyn, Suede, Rufus, Ida, Gypsy, Snow, June, Shadow etc etc.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom