My favorite chicken died to a cat

I'm currently trying to figure out if I should put them in my incubator, however I have quail eggs filling it and they're now in lockdown. So they eggs won't be able to be turned and opening the incubator to turn them myself would shrink wrap the hatching eggs

Maybe find someone in another town that may want to try taking the cat in? As for preventing the cat from killing again I've seen people do motion activated sprinklers?
Well the cat is extremely agressive when it comes to people and the person who feeds it never pets it, because they only keep it to kill mice and scorpions. As wouldn't the sprinklers spray the chickens too. Also thanks for the advice.

Well the cat is extremely agressive when it comes to people and the person who feeds it never pets it, because they only keep it to kill mice and scorpions. As wouldn't the sprinklers spray the chickens too. Also thanks for the advice.
If you use a live trap you wont have to catch it by hand. Maybe buy or ask around your area if anyone has one you can buy or borrow. As for the sprinkler I don't know? Their may be ones you can find thatll only spray a certain direction? The sound alone of it starting might just startle the cat. I've also seen people use cameras with audio to play can alarm for predators. I don't know how effective that would though.

If you use a live trap you wont have to catch it by hand. Maybe buy or ask around your area if anyone has one you can buy or borrow. As for the sprinkler I don't know? Their may be ones you can find thatll only spray a certain direction? The sound alone of it starting might just startle the cat. I've also seen people use cameras with audio to play can alarm for predators. I don't know how effective that would though.
Yes I'm going to get one for me and my neighbor. I might try the predator alarm if traps don't work. I'm also going to get an owl to scare away the house finches that eat the chicken food and to possibly scare the cat away. Thanks for the advice, it means the world. I will avenge Fluffbum and keep my flock as safe as possible.

Yes I'm going to get one for me and my neighbor. I might try the predator alarm if traps don't work. I'm also going to get an owl to scare away the house finches that eat the chicken food and to possibly scare the cat away. Thanks for the advice, it means the world. I will avenge Fluffbum and keep my flock as safe as possible.
Don’t owls kill chickens as well though? Or do you mean a fake owl?

Back
Top Bottom