My Favorite Predator Control Tool: Moultrie 4.0 IR Game Cam (New Pix!)

Quote:
Lurky...your wish is my command!

8693_deerheadlights.jpg

Great pics!!!!!!! If a neighborhood kid was in my yard, and it took his picture at night.....would he know his pic had been taken, or not? I've always wanted something like that to see what critters go through at night, but after the mess the kids made, we will probably do it now.
I just fugure if they know it took their pic, they might try to wreck it.

Chances are the kids would not notice it at all. The IR flash is a faint box of red dots that is only noticeable if you're looking directly at the camera. I don't notice it when I'm out there and neither does anyone who takes care of my chickens. It does not light the area up like a flash camera.

I also usually use some branches to camoflague it. It comes with a strap for mounting it on a tree in an inconspicous location.

Good luck! Happy hunting!

The only thing I would suggest is to buy some electrical putty and replace the o-ring gasket the camera comes with, with the putty. I'd also put some putty on the side panel edges that houses the memory card.

Then it is 100% waterproof. I leave it out in all kinds of storms.

Quote:
Hubby has been informed of the bluey tips on weatherproofing
big_smile.png
we have often had a deer crossing in our yard, but changes in the neighborhood might have changed that. new house out back, new dogs in several houses.........so we shall see what we see. I hope our local store has it in stock. Says limited stores carry it. Thanks again.

No problem, Sunny. Just thought I'd share the joy since these cameras are starting to come down in price!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom