My favorite thing about my ChickNCam...

arlee453

Songster
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
near Charlotte NC
It's that time of day - getting twilight here and I'm just sitting here watching my chickens put themselves to bed on the ChickNCam.

That's my favorite thing about having the web cam out there in the run - it's so neat to watch them put themselves to bed.

First they just non-chalantly wander over near the coop and stay near instead of roaming all over the run.

Then they start, one at a time, going into the coop. They stay in a min or two, then come back out.

Eventually they will all start doing that.

Then finally, they will all go in and stay in.

The last one in is always one of the gold campines. They are the most inquisitive and adventurous of all the girls.

It's so cool to watch. Chickens may not be the smartest of critters, but they certainly are creatures of habit. (and apparently so am i...LOL)

At the moment, they are all in the coop - they are in the 'mostly decided to stay in for the night' phase.

Once in a while one will hop out for a quick drink or look around, but they are 90% up for the night...

BTW, Don - love your avatar. Makes me think I have an (evil) twin...

Last edited:
Hoppy is in the smaller chick'N'Barn separate pen that you see in the right side of the image.

The silkies are all in there while they finish growing out. Hoppy doesn't like to leave the coop though - she stays in most of the day until I chuck her out to scratch around with the others in the afternoon.

Yep - I think they are all in for the night. If you watch for a few more min, I'm heading out there to put the ramp up and you'll get to see me in person... LOL Now that's a treat for ya. At least i'm not in my PJs this time of day
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom