My feed store is getting chicks next week

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by australorpchick, Jan 14, 2011.

1. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    ...so I bought double everything, so I can try to stay away. The fuzzy butts are just so cute!!!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You know, that explains why my favorite feed store has been doing some renovations, and suddenly there are displays of met boxes, and some more construction going on in the usual space occupied by chick bins from mid-feb to late Oct!

And I need to stock up this coming weekend, for sure!

3. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Ooooooo... I'm going to have to check the feed store here now.... [​IMG]

DH may not be happy with you all later... [​IMG]

4. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    I've got you beat...I got in 20 chicks last week!!! (4 died shortly thereafter) Don't buy chicks in January!!

Then today the Meyer catalogue came in. Oh boy.

I wonder when my feed store is going to get them?

5. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Well, I had to go in and get dog food last night. I held some chicks, but I was able to leave without taking any.
    Okay, I did find out when the BA's were coming in and set myself a reminder on my phone.[​IMG]

6. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Boy you warm weather people sure like to rub it in don't ya'!! We're lucky if we have 'em around April!

7. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    My evil feed store (Georgetown) has chicks year round. And they have duckling and goslings most of the spring. I've learned self control only because I really like my husband and I would like to stay married. [​IMG] Being within 100 miles of Ideal is less than ideal if you have willpower issues. However, my chicken math calculator still says that classroom hatching eggs don't really equal chickens, so I may get chicks this year anyhow....

I will also give to temptation the minute I see speckled sussex chicks. Hubby is probably hoping Ideal is sold out year round.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  8. fancy

fancy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2010
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I had to make a trip to the feed store today, and they had EE chicks, and several other breeds. I turned around and walked out of the store with nothing, not even the items I went there for! I had to leave before the fuzzy butt bug bit me. LOL

Fancy

9. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    fortunatly, the feed store in town doesn't usually have chicks... it's the one next town over i have to worry about [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by