My female Muscovy duck is barfing and laying eggs without shells I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Weddster and ducky, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Weddster and ducky

Weddster and ducky In the Brooder

Mar 26, 2018
    Can some one help me

2. HenniesInMyHeart

HenniesInMyHeart Songster

Mar 12, 2018
    Colorado
    Oh no that sounds awful! I had a hen lay a shell-less egg once after being attacked by a dog. Your poor girl must be very sick or very traumatized by something. I am sorry I don't know what you could do besides finding an avian vet, but hopefully, someone with more duck expertise will reach out. Praying for you and your little one! <3

Weddster and ducky likes this.
  3. Weddster and ducky

Mar 26, 2018
    Well I've Been Told that when a duck just start slang the eggs are usually soft without a shell but that should only happen the first couple of times and she's laid 7 egg so far without shells so I'm not sure what to do and she's been barfing but I've also been told that she might be full so that's why

4. Weddster and ducky

Mar 26, 2018
    Well I've Been Told that when a duck just stars laythe eggs are usually soft without a shell but that should only happen the first couple of times and she's laid 7 egg so far without shells so I'm not sure what to do and she's been barfing but I've also been told that she might be full so that's why

5. HenniesInMyHeart

HenniesInMyHeart Songster

Mar 12, 2018
    Colorado
    Oh wow, I didn't know ducks would do that with the soft shells at first. I hope she was just full! Did she just throw up the one time?

6. Weddster and ducky

Mar 26, 2018
    No today and yesterday but we have chickens so we've been giving her chicken feed but tomorrow we're going to go by your duck feed and see if that helps but we've been feeding her a lot so hopefully she's just full

HenniesInMyHeart likes this.
  7. Soon2BChixMom

Soon2BChixMom Herding ducks and Wrangling chickens

Jan 8, 2017
    How many ducks do you have? What kind of chicken feed?
    Maybe try an all flock feed with oyster shell on the side?

chickens really likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: