My female turkey brutally attacked my male turkey

LaurenMox

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2023
I have two turkeys, one male one female, and are both very friendly and docile. They've pecked at each other but nothing too serious . Today when I went out the females beak was covered in blood and the male turkey's snood was ripped open and he had blood all over his face. What caused this sudden aggression? I'm really worried about him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 29
I'm having the same issue but I have 3 hens 1 tom and the aggressive hen now has all the other hens attacking her but she just attacks the tom probably gonna feed her out and harvest her

I'm having the same issue but I have 3 hens 1 tom and the aggressive hen now has all the other hens attacking her but she just attacks the tom probably gonna feed her out and harvest her
Turkey pecking order disputes can take time to resolve especially if you interfere with them.

I had a hen that was the top of the pecking order from the very beginning. When the tom finally got big enough to challenge her, they fought from morning until night for 3 days straight before he finally beat her enough that she gave in.

So I should put them back together and let them work it out probably my best bet that's exactly what happen after I harvested my broad breastfed bird the white female was boss now that he is maturing and just gobbled for the first time today he is taking his place in the flock

Back
Top Bottom