my first 10 chicks-- what are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BlueTourmaline, May 18, 2009.

1. BlueTourmaline

BlueTourmaline New Egg

Apr 29, 2009
    I have 10 chicks from an assortment of rainbow layers from McMurray's:
    http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/rainbow_layers.html

They were all shipped on April 18th. We also ordered two Black Astralorp Roosters. I started with 11 chicks and one of my little black chicks died at just a few days old. [​IMG]

Here is shy little Blackie that was supposed to be Black Astralorp Rooster, but now I am not so sure.

[​IMG]

Sweet little Hannah, who started out all grey and is growing lovely white feathers. Her feet are almost green. She is somewhat freindly, somewhat shy.
    [​IMG]

I named this one Funky chicken because she looks so different from all the others! She is very curious and pecks at everything! Her feathers are taking a long time to grow in. I am dying to know what breed she is!

[​IMG]

I will have to pick out a new name for this one but for now I call him bloody butt. I am wondering if he is a rooster. He got pecked and lost quite a few tail feathers but he seems to be recovering fine. He definitely rules the roost and is very curious and aggressive.

[​IMG]

This one is Sarah and my husband's favorite. Very very curious and also very friendly. She is one of the first to explore anything new. I love how her feathers are turning a beautiful red brown.

[​IMG]

I think I will try to get a few better pictures of the other ones before I post them. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    thanks, Jennifer

2. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sarah looks like my RIR's ;not sure about the others!!!

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  3. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    1. ?? maybe easter egger to
    2. easter egger
    3. black astralorp roo
    4.??? maybe a roo
    5. R.I.R
    hope this helps and enjoy them

4. loverOFchickens