my first 10 chicks-- what are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BlueTourmaline, May 18, 2009.

1. BlueTourmaline

BlueTourmaline New Egg

Apr 29, 2009
    I have 10 chicks from an assortment of rainbow layers from McMurray's:

They were all shipped on April 18th. We also ordered two Black Astralorp Roosters. I started with 11 chicks and one of my little black chicks died at just a few days old. [​IMG]

Here is shy little Blackie that was supposed to be Black Astralorp Rooster, but now I am not so sure.

Sweet little Hannah, who started out all grey and is growing lovely white feathers. Her feet are almost green. She is somewhat freindly, somewhat shy.

I named this one Funky chicken because she looks so different from all the others! She is very curious and pecks at everything! Her feathers are taking a long time to grow in. I am dying to know what breed she is!

I will have to pick out a new name for this one but for now I call him bloody butt. I am wondering if he is a rooster. He got pecked and lost quite a few tail feathers but he seems to be recovering fine. He definitely rules the roost and is very curious and aggressive.

This one is Sarah and my husband's favorite. Very very curious and also very friendly. She is one of the first to explore anything new. I love how her feathers are turning a beautiful red brown.

I think I will try to get a few better pictures of the other ones before I post them. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    thanks, Jennifer
  2. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sarah looks like my RIR's ;not sure about the others!!!
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  3. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    1. ?? maybe easter egger to
    2. easter egger
    3. black astralorp roo
    4.??? maybe a roo
    5. R.I.R
    hope this helps and enjoy them
  4. loverOFchickens

loverOFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps