My first bantam (silkie) egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by teach1rusl, Aug 10, 2011.

1. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Just celebrating because my little silkie Tinkerbell FINALLY laid an egg - she's 24 weeks old (the latest my big girls laid was 21.5 weeks). [​IMG]
    Still waiting on my little d'uccle pullet (23 weeks) and my other silkie. I went out to let the little girls out this morning and there was Tinkerbell on the nest, sitting on the fake wooden egg - concentrating hard (offered her a bit of scratch on the nest and she totally ignored it). Less than 5 minutes later she was standing up to let the egg pass - no egg song though...just a bit of bedding over the shoulder and she hopped out. Such a cute egg - perfect! [​IMG]

Her egg is in the center of the line-up:
    [​IMG]
    And here's my sweet little Tinkerbell - the blue one:
    [​IMG]

2. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Congratulations!!!

3. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] Congratulations!!!

4. Kaeta44

Kaeta44 Chillin' With My Peeps

5. PulletSurpriseWinner

PulletSurpriseWinner Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    WOW, they really do lay perfect little mini eggs! Well done, Tinkerbell.

Is the tiny pullet between her and the red Silkie your d'Uccle? She's way cute!

6. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait till mine lays. I have been waiting to see a mini egg. You think 24 weeks is long mine is right around 8 months and still nothing. I do know she is a female. I guess just slow.

Anyway, I love the coloring of your silkie and YAH!! MINI EGGS!!!!

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Thanks guys! Only chicken folk understand the excitement of first eggs [​IMG]
    Pulletsurprise - yes, she's a d'uccle [​IMG] I knew silkies were late bloomers, but I figure little birds like d'uccles, oegb, etc. would be early layers [​IMG]
    Hennyhandler - my little red pullet will probably take that long [​IMG] cause there's not squatting or anything, and my mature rooster acts as if she isn't even there... [​IMG]

8. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    Isn't the wait awful sometimes? I am hoping she gets to it. I love the coloring of that red one though. It's such a deep color. Verrrrry nice![​IMG]

9. KBUGS

KBUGS Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    So cute! So eggciting huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by