My first bantam (silkie) egg!!!

teach1rusl

Love My Chickens
14 Years
Jul 28, 2009
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Just celebrating because my little silkie Tinkerbell FINALLY laid an egg - she's 24 weeks old (the latest my big girls laid was 21.5 weeks).
celebrate.gif

Still waiting on my little d'uccle pullet (23 weeks) and my other silkie. I went out to let the little girls out this morning and there was Tinkerbell on the nest, sitting on the fake wooden egg - concentrating hard (offered her a bit of scratch on the nest and she totally ignored it). Less than 5 minutes later she was standing up to let the egg pass - no egg song though...just a bit of bedding over the shoulder and she hopped out. Such a cute egg - perfect!
wee.gif

Her egg is in the center of the line-up:
37862_more_tinkerbell_egg_pics_002.jpg

And here's my sweet little Tinkerbell - the blue one:
37862_june_25_021.jpg

WOW, they really do lay perfect little mini eggs! Well done, Tinkerbell.

Is the tiny pullet between her and the red Silkie your d'Uccle? She's way cute!

Congratulations!!! I can't wait till mine lays. I have been waiting to see a mini egg. You think 24 weeks is long mine is right around 8 months and still nothing. I do know she is a female. I guess just slow.

Anyway, I love the coloring of your silkie and YAH!! MINI EGGS!!!!

Thanks guys! Only chicken folk understand the excitement of first eggs
tongue.png

Pulletsurprise - yes, she's a d'uccle
smile.png
I knew silkies were late bloomers, but I figure little birds like d'uccles, oegb, etc. would be early layers
hu.gif

Hennyhandler - my little red pullet will probably take that long
th.gif
cause there's not squatting or anything, and my mature rooster acts as if she isn't even there...
sad.png

Isn't the wait awful sometimes? I am hoping she gets to it. I love the coloring of that red one though. It's such a deep color. Verrrrry nice!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom