My first calf for 2011! Help me name him! *PIC HEAVY*

Thanks for all the ideas! I really, really like several of those names!
big_smile.png

He's doing really well, BTW. Nursing, bouncing around, and playing with his siblings! We had two more calves born today. So that makes six calves for 2011!

I forgot to mention that we have a little system when we name our bulls. Each bull gets his own initial, which we write on each of his calve's and mature daughter's tags. So for this reason, we always make sure to give a bull a name with a unique initial. Here's a list of the initials already taken:

"B" (Beege)
"F" (Franky)
"H" (Hefty)
"I" (Indy)
"J" (Jordan)
"K" (Kelvin)
"L" (Lefty)
"M" (Mike)
"S" (A.I. bull - GAR Solution)
"V" (Vinny)
"W" (Willy)

The rest of the letters are all available!
smile.png

Also, his momma's name is Sarah. She's really sweet and will eat out of my hand, and let me pet her a little.
smile.png

Our ranch name is "Ozie Hills Ranch," but I'll have a ranch of my own within a few years, and I don't know yet what I'll name it...

BTW, the red thing hanging under his belly is his umbilical cord. It's NOT his... um... you know.
smile.png
Just thought I'd mention this because it occurred to me that someone not familiar with baby animals may think the pics I posted should be rated PG-13.
lol.png

A - I like Atlas too...
C - ???
D - Danny
E - Eric the Great
G - Gino
N - Nigel
O - Orion, Oz
P - Patrick
Q - Quinn
R - Riley, Ricky
T - Teddy, Taurus
U - Ulysees
X - Xavier
Y - Yancy
Z - Zeus

Have fun naming him and the other new calves.
smile.png

Oh, poop to your naming system! Call him Samson. He REALLY looks like a Samson I think.

I love Anguses. We have borrowed the same Angus bull from a farmer friend for three years now to impregnate our cows. He's called Fangio after the 1950s F1 racing legend Juan Manuel Fangio and he's a lovely big boy. I always miss him when he goes away again.

I like Atlas, Ulysses and Zeus. Got quite a mythological thang going on there. How about Neptune?

Or Cassius Clay. I'd say Muhammad, but the M's already been taken!

Or Zorro. Yeah, Zorro sounds cool.

i have a show steer(or heifer) its still in their mothers uterus
tongue.png
if its a heifer itll be Double take. and if its a steeer itll be true grit!

and i like orion as someone mentioned above

The calf is already starting to look noticeably "good." He's getting bigger and filling out really well and has a very masculine look to him. I'm SO excited!!!
celebrate.gif
I sure don't mind saving 3K on a good bull!
wee.gif

I did decide on a name for him, BTW. It was a REALLY hard decision, especially with you all giving me so many great name ideas.
wink.png

I decided to name him Rambo. I think it's a good name for a bull. Imagine a toy poodle named Rambo!
lol.png
But I do think my Rambo will have a slightly better disposition than Sylvester Stallone's character.
wink.png

I still need to come up with his registered name. Best thing I can think of so far is: "Rambo's New Focus." My brothers want me to put "AK47" on the end of it!
lol.png
Maybe not such a bad idea...
tongue.png

Any suggestions are welcome! It must contain the word "Focus." His paternal grandsire is Mytty In Focus (goes by "In Focus"). His great-grandsires are New Frontier 095 and Bon View New Design 1407. Extra points to those who can include more of his pedigree in his name.
tongue.png
AAA's limit is 26 characters (spaces included).

Back
Top Bottom