My first candle and.......update

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by annrich, May 5, 2008.

1. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    I was a little nervous. So I didn't candle on day 7. Will be day 9 tonight. My first ever with ?? fertility on eggs.

So I got
    2 blood rings. ( thats bad huh?)
    2 ??
    3 with big blobs that float in their when i tip them. Probab. gonna blow up.
    And I got 1 little very frisky kicker in that big egg. Yippee.

So I will wait a few more days than decide on the other eggs. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Edited to add 2 good eggs and 1 blood ring.. yipee

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Bloodrings are bad correct...if your sure they are bloodrings take them out of the bator...the ?? mark ones I'd put a ? mark in pencil on them and wait til the next candling date...3 blobs don't sound promising but put a ? mark on those and candle again on the candling date...Sounds like you have a good egg so good luck...

3. annrich

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    yup one of the blood rings has a dime size dark dark blob in the middle. I was afraid to touch it. Looks like a target practice thingy with a bullseye in the middle.

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Thats not sounding like a bloodring to me but an embryo...does it swim or have veining around it?...My bloodrings have always been a circle clear around the inside shell...

5. annrich

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    nothing moved at all. I can't see veins. Because the eggs are dark. But that dime thing is very dark. I will look again

edited for an update:
    you areright tuff.. It moved........... Thanks......

So two good eggs..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by