My first chick with bum leg...help!!

Ashley4

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
My chick was born with one smaller eye and one leg maybe longer than the other?? It leans to one side (the shorter leg side) and that leg seems weaker. As you see, the baby can not stand. I have been trying to do to leg exercises.?? I am not sure what to do. Please help..

My chick was born with one smaller eye and one leg maybe longer than the other?? It leans to one side (the shorter leg side) and that leg seems weaker. As you see, the baby can not stand. I have been trying to do to leg exercises.?? I am not sure what to do. Please help..
Sorry. Was trying to convert after it wouldn't post.

It’s hard to tell from the video but when I have a chick that can’t stand I try a chick chair. I allow their feet to touch the floor in the chair in the hopes that their leg with strengthen. This has worked for some and not for others.

It’s hard to tell from the video but when I have a chick that can’t stand I try a chick chair. I allow their feet to touch the floor in the chair in the hopes that their leg with strengthen. This has worked for some and not for others.
Thank you, but the baby did not make it. I tried the band on the foot and sitting it in a cup. I made sure the baby drank and ate, but I guess that was not enough. It was very sad that I could not save it.

Thank you, but the baby did not make it. I tried the band on the foot and sitting it in a cup. I made sure the baby drank and ate, but I guess that was not enough. It was very sad that I could not save it.
So sorry the baby didn’t make it. It’s tough when you do all you can and they still don’t thrive. I’ve had babies before like that. Ones that I had tried everything for and it still wasn’t enough.

Back
Top Bottom