My first Chickens

Flachickman

Chirping
Apr 14, 2014

I am new to chicken raising and egg production. I am glad I found this site (Backyard Chickens .com) Whenever I was confused about anything chicken related , this is the first place I went to. I got 4 ,10 week olds on January 2, 2014. There were 2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Black sex links. But alas the RIR's turned into roosters and on April 1, I shipped them off to a chicken farm down south.
(Quite a funny April fools day joke on me) So now I have 2 beautiful huge BSL, who, on Sunday April 13, delivered the first pullet egg.
I built a nice coop for them after researching many comments from Backyard Chickens.com. I am retired and this is as close as I'll get to my dream farm in sunny Florida.

Thanks for the welcome, I wanted Barred rocks , but the supplier didn't have any in stock, so I chose the BSL. Just picked up my 3rd egg in three days.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Cute coop and pretty chickens, Congratulations on those first eggs!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Congrats on your new birds! If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom