My first duck egg

Chocy_duck

Chirping
Nov 13, 2020
Merry Xmas everyone, today I got my first duck egg. I found it just in there bedtime quarters. Today when I let them free range I found my call duck making a nest under the tree with our only drake. I don't want baby ducks so I know to collect there eggs. But if she is making a nest in the yard does that mean she wants to be a mum? Do they know that I've collected her eggs? Will she become broody? I have another 3 females, 1 kahki campbell and 2 Cayuga ducks and they sit near her but don't interrupt her. I don't know what I should do? PLEASE HELP WITH ANY ADVISE. TIA

Attachments

• 20201228_080824.jpg
    20201228_080824.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 1
Merry Xmas everyone, today I got my first duck egg. I found it just in there bedtime quarters. Today when I let them free range I found my call duck making a nest under the tree with our only drake. I don't want baby ducks so I know to collect there eggs. But if she is making a nest in the yard does that mean she wants to be a mum? Do they know that I've collected her eggs? Will she become broody? I have another 3 females, 1 kahki campbell and 2 Cayuga ducks and they sit near her but don't interrupt her. I don't know what I should do? PLEASE HELP WITH ANY ADVISE. TIA
Congrats on your first egg! She should be fine just make sure you always collect the eggs and don't let her sit on them if you don't want ducklings. Just because she made a nest doesn't necessarily mean she's going broody she is just making a nice place to lay. I'd put a lot of straw in wherever they live if you don't already have it so they can use it to nest in there.

Congrats on your first egg! She should be fine just make sure you always collect the eggs and don't let her sit on them if you don't want ducklings. Just because she made a nest doesn't necessarily mean she's going broody she is just making a nice place to lay. I'd put a lot of straw in wherever they live if you don't already have it so they can use it to nest in there.
Thankyou. I also have another duck a kahki campbell and she is hanging quite low and is not moving or eating but taking little sips of water. She looks huge. She won't he egg bound would she? Or will she be ok? I'm so worries as she is normally a very active fun girl and she looks in pain.

Thankyou. I also have another duck a kahki campbell and she is hanging quite low and is not moving or eating but taking little sips of water. She looks huge. She won't he egg bound would she? Or will she be ok? I'm so worries as she is normally a very active fun girl and she looks in pain.
I am not very experienced with duck injury but @Isaac 0 might be able to help. I'm sure it would help him know what you are talking about if you posted some pictures or a video of her.

Back
Top Bottom