My first ducklings are here!

So my local feed store orders through ideal poultry. They are adding 2 as a special order for me and letting me sex them in store to be certain they are hens! They will be here next month.
Thats kinda what i was able to do, but through cackle hatchery. But i cant sex in store because mine are special ordered, but if they come back males i can just get 2 females. And get rid of the males.

So I did what everyone warned against, I underestimated just how messy my ducklings could be!! I figured changing the bedding everyday for clean dry bedding would be enough… I WAS WRONG!

So my cuties switched houses with my snake. This one has a base of 4 inches deep coco coir and topped with orchid bark. The coco coir can hold up to 2-6 gallons of water without being muddy. And the orchid bark can be scooped out and rinsed off to remove poop. Plus I already have an under tank heater and an over head lamp set to a thermostat so maintaining perfect temp is already a breeze!

My snake just ate 2 days ago and doesn’t need to eat again for more than 2 weeks, so all she needs is a place to sleep.

Attachments

• C2DE1584-42BB-4D9D-BB26-981310E02305.jpeg
    C2DE1584-42BB-4D9D-BB26-981310E02305.jpeg
    649.8 KB · Views: 4
I just ordered Muscovy ducklings from metzerfarms.com
Free shipping on all orders.

I ordered from them 2-ish years ago and all the ducklings were healthy and made it through shipment great. I'd totally recommend them.
They don’t charge shipping but they have a $36 small order fee. It’s just not worth the cost since it’s more than the price of the 2 ducks I want. My local feed store just added two ducks to their next duck order on 3/16 and are letting me sex the ducks in store to make sure I go home with females. Since I went with Valentines names for these two, the next two will be St. Patrick’s Day names!! Clover and Bailey!

They don’t charge shipping but they have a $36 small order fee. It’s just not worth the cost since it’s more than the price of the 2 ducks I want. My local feed store just added two ducks to their next duck order on 3/16 and are letting me sex the ducks in store to make sure I go home with females. Since I went with Valentines names for these two, the next two will be St. Patrick’s Day names!! Clover and Bailey!
Ah, I see. I must not have noticed since I was buying more than 2. lol.

Love the names!

Our last ducks were named after cartoon duck characters (Daisy, Darkwing). Can't wait to see what the kids come up with this time around.

Ok got my new girls!! Clover(black and white magpie) and Bailey(unknown;pekin, buff, or fawn and white runner) are finally here! Since we named the last 2 Cupid and Valentine we continued the theme with St. Patrick’s Day names!

Attachments

• 568AA679-51F4-4E17-BFEC-28B7DFC8BDDA.jpeg
    568AA679-51F4-4E17-BFEC-28B7DFC8BDDA.jpeg
    473 KB · Views: 3
Ok got my new girls!! Clover(black and white magpie) and Bailey(unknown;pekin, buff, or fawn and white runner) are finally here! Since we named the last 2 Cupid and Valentine we continued the theme with St. Patrick’s Day names!
They are adorable! I was suppose to get my ducklings tomorrow now i wont get them till April but im talking to someone else about Anconas! I was going to name mine Clover and Lucky!

They are adorable! I was suppose to get my ducklings tomorrow now i wont get them till April but im talking to someone else about Anconas! I was going to name mine Clover and Lucky!
Omg I love that! I thought Clover was an Ancona when I picked her. Then I found out the breeder she came from has magpies not Ancona. But since they look similar and lay similar I’m not mad at all! Plus I heard magpies taste better.

Back
Top Bottom