Hawkeye95

Songster
8 Years
Jun 18, 2011
Oklahoma City area
My Coop
My Coop
wee.gif
I got my FIRST egg today! My Royal Palm turkey laid this beauty! None of my other birds have started laying yet! Don't know much about turkey's laying habits... hope I get another one tomorrow!!
big_smile.png

The white egg is for comparison-- it's a store bought egg labeled jumbo. My turkey egg is on the Right. The color seems off-- in person, it's almost a pink color with dark mauve/rose colored speckles! :)

LL

LL

i wouldnt suggest hatching a birds first egg, give it atleast a few months to really start laying good quality eggs.

SEE?!?! This is why I LOVE BYC and you all soooo much!
love.gif
I was so excited this morning when I found it, I ran around outside saying "OMG!, OMG!" and then rushed in to call my Dh--- who was like, 'eh, it's great.' Then I called my mom practically jumping up and down and she was happy for me.... BUT there is nothing like other poultry enthusiasts to be excited about someone ELSE's egg!! LOL!!!

Oh, and I'm going to eat it! It's not fertile. I don't have a mature male royal palm turkey. :( But little turkey poults would be adorable!

wee.gif
MY FIRST EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations...that's a gorgeous egg!!! Hmm..turkeys...my dh better watch out! I've got very few birds and more coops than I need...might be time for some rearranging!! LOL

Congratulations...that's a gorgeous egg!!! Hmm..turkeys...my dh better watch out! I've got very few birds and more coops than I need...might be time for some rearranging!! LOL

Oh, if you're going to get any turkey's, I would highly recommend Royal Palms. My dad has raised them, too. They are all very sweet, and docile. They are pretty calm. This jenny in particular is a real pet- she loves to be held and pet! She will follow you every where. :)

Back
Top Bottom