MY FIRST EGG! I thought it would never happen...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by InLuvWLife, Nov 12, 2009.

1. InLuvWLife

InLuvWLife Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2009
    I started getting the "squat" last week from a few of my gals... after MONTHS of waiting... and I got my first egg 2 days ago! [​IMG] I have gotten one a day in the same nest box. I am assuming its the same hen laying one a day. I have 10 other chickie-mamas, will this encourage THEM to start? About half of them have started this noisy crooning-squawk noise when I come around and 4 of them squat for me. HOPING!!! I want to upload a pic of the first egg but cannot figure out how to do that on this forum...

2. momreda

momreda Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    Cumberland Furnace, TN
    [​IMG] Congratulations!!!

I would try to explain about uploading your pics but I think I would just confuse you [​IMG]

3. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    If it tells you anything, my lazy bums seem to think that the one that's laying ought to be laying enough for all of them [​IMG]

4. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations! Exciting, isn't it. My first of 4 started laying last week.

About the uploading of pics, I think you need to use a photo hosting site like Photobucket, Image Shack, or Kodak. After the images are loaded in your account on one of those sites it will give you a variety of codes to choose from for different situations. You copy and paste the codes in your reply message and the picture will appear. Its safer to go through a photo hosting site then having a forum take straight from your puter. Personally, I use Photobucket. They have tutorials to help show you how to do everything. The others probably do also.

Here's a link to Photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/

Here's a link to Image Shack.

http://www.imageshack.us/

Here's a link to Kodak. They require a minimal purchase every year to have an account.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/photo-service/photo-sharing.jsp

5. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
  6. HippieChickens

HippieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    [​IMG] Know how you feel. Our 1st egg was on 10/23 and I can't tell you how excited I was.

8. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I know how exciting the first egg is too!!! But now I 'm just waiting for the other girls to start!!!! Right now I have 3/7 laying, and everyone started to squat at the same time!!! It's now been over two weeks!!!!

9. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!

10. g_a_brand

g_a_brand Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Debert, Nova Scotia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by