1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MY FIRST EGG YAHOOOOOOOOOO

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chick4chicks, Aug 5, 2008.

1. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I looked in my chickens dogloo today and I found 4 eggs. My oldest chicks are only 15 weeks old so I feel very lucky, the other brown layers are 13 weeks old. I don't know which chick laid the eggs or if more than one is laying. I have 5 that are 15 weeks old and 4 that are 13 weeks old. I really think it is the older ones but want to know who is laying.LOL I am sooooooo excited. I could hug all my chicks, I think I will. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:eek::weee:ya:woot:thumbsup YOU Go Girls

2. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Wow, that's really exciting. my oldest girls were born on 4/26 and I am literally counting the days till I get my first egg. Congratulations!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Congratulations! I ran all around showing people my first egg (I actually blew it out & still have it. [​IMG] LOL)

Have fun! [​IMG]

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:LOL thats what I'm doing with my first egg I got yesterday. [​IMG] And I had to call everyone.

chick4chicks, congratulations on your first eggs. [​IMG]

5. ChickPeas

ChickPeas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Iron Station, NC
    Congratulations!! [​IMG] [​IMG] It's so exciting to see the first one!!

What will you do with them?

6. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on your first egg! Ohhh..I can't wait for mine!

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I am gonna keep the first ones, I found 4 the first day so i will keep them the rest will be eaten or sold.

8. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Congradulations, had my first eggs this week also. It was a thrill!!! Ate them today on a sandwich with bacon. It was mighty tasty. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by