My first egg!

umanduhbree

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Lacona, IA
It's been 5 months and 3 days since I brought my first batch of chicks home. We have been hearing a lot of noise this past week from our usually quiet hens, so we started checking three times a day for eggs with no luck. This morning I could barely get out of bed after a long day of work, but I went out to the coop where was charged at by ALpha Rooster who got a stern kick for being so aggressive. I opened the coop door and there it was, my first egg. I couldn't believe it. I just stared at it for a few minutes to make sure it was really there, and then I ran back to the house, woke up my fiancee who went to bed at 3:00am just to tell him that we had an egg!

I had been reading lots of posts about the first egg, and I didn't think I could care so much about it until I found one. WHat a cool feeling. I don't know what hen laid it, but they all got extra scratch and tomatoes for their god job.

celebrate.gif

Mine have just started this week...I have almost a dozen now...got 4 yesterday, it's like Christmas every day!
ya.gif

My hubby just laughs at me, my sisters call me a dork...ha!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom