My first egg

debbieducker

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 1, 2014
Rotherham
Got up on sat and found one of my 3 warrens had laid her first egg. Unfortunately it was broken and very soft shell. However I went bright and early this morning and low and behold she had given me my second egg and it was perfect albeit small. I was like a child on Xmas morning. Certainly put a smile on my face for the rest of today
[/IMG]

Thanks just been to let them out and got my send perfect one this morning so seems bubbles has got the hang of it now. Just need her to lay in the nest box and not in the roosting area. But the wait has been worth it.
1f606.png

Congratulations mine started a week ago I know what you say about the excitement lol my prob is I had the soft egg then I was getting good eggs and last two days one or two of them have gone back to soft so if anyone can tell me if this is normal cheers

Think I've read this can happen but not 100% sure and been a newby couldn't offer any advise. Only 1 out of my 3 are laying so still waiting for the others first egg.
263a.png

Great feeling collecting each morning even if it is only 1 out of 3 each morning. Looking forward to the other 2 starting laying

Back
Top Bottom