My First ever chicken

duckyfromoz

Quackaholic
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Australia
I took some of my ducklings to use in a petting cage recently and came home with two little eggs that had been laid during the day by some Silkies. It took a few days to decide to pop them into the incubator... I didnt really think I would hatch anything...But last night just before midnight this little cutie appeared.

46956_silkie_chick.jpg

OK..so for my first ever chicken - I think it looks a little shabby and has way to many toes ( not to mention no webbed feet ) Fluff on its toes - a huge bump on its head..... Glad I at least knew what breed of chick this is or I may have thought it was deformed...

Now the only problem I have is only one hatched - so its a bit lonely.... But it loves to snuggle when I pick it up....

Thanks...
Im sure it will be getting lots of cuddles from myself and my daughter. I have it set up in a little brooder next door to my ducklings. It has a little toy duck in there for company - and I have been trying to show it where to get food and water. It is taking a little longer than with my ducklings. Show them food once and they always know where to go. Its only a day old yet so I wont worry yet about it not wanting to eat.

Back
Top Bottom