My first ever duck hatch-a-long

Well candled. I had 5 for sure that quit. Another one that I am pretty sure quit. Then one that looked like maybe it was starting to quit.

So far I saw 7 chicken eggs starting to develop

Today is day 20. So about 8 more days till hatch day. I think I only have 13 still going. I think one quit between wed and Thurs. Thought there was no movement Wed and veins seemed light and not many. Then I finally saw movement so thought all was good. Looked yesterday and no movement and didn't look like any veins. 😥

Today is day 20. So about 8 more days till hatch day. I think I only have 13 still going. I think one quit between wed and Thurs. Thought there was no movement Wed and veins seemed light and not many. Then I finally saw movement so thought all was good. Looked yesterday and no movement and didn't look like any veins. 😥
I hope more than 13 hatch!

So far the 14th egg is still in there but I removed the others

I also have 18 chicken eggs going with 15 hatching the same day as the ducklings and 3 about 4 days later.
I hope most of them hatch!

Im not having a good hatch right now. Last night i think there were 3 clears and one blood ring. One air cell was small and malpositioned. So that leaves 3 eggs.

I hope most of them hatch!

Im not having a good hatch right now. Last night i think there were 3 clears and one blood ring. One air cell was small and malpositioned. So that leaves 3 eggs.
That stinks!!!!! Hopefully the rest of yours do well. What day are you on??

Well imagine my surprise when I was getting ready to candle, cool and mist and thought I heard loud peeping. Start to candle.... Hear quiet peeping.... Get about halfway and pick up an egg and it peeps very loud at me.... Noticed it was pipped, externally!!! Quickly replace it, take out the egg turner, check others quick and see a 2nd pipped. Set them the right way, put lid on, bump humidity. Look in and see there was a 3rd pipped!!! I think I ended up with some chicken eggs set with the duck eggs .....

So guess I have 10 or less duck eggs depending on how many hidden chicks there are!!!

Well imagine my surprise when I was getting ready to candle, cool and mist and thought I heard loud peeping. Start to candle.... Hear quiet peeping.... Get about halfway and pick up an egg and it peeps very loud at me.... Noticed it was pipped, externally!!! Quickly replace it, take out the egg turner, check others quick and see a 2nd pipped. Set them the right way, put lid on, bump humidity. Look in and see there was a 3rd pipped!!! I think I ended up with some chicken eggs set with the duck eggs .....

So guess I have 10 or less duck eggs depending on how many hidden chicks there are!!!
Yay! Hopefully not to many are chicken eggs!

Back
Top Bottom