1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first fart egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kimntep, May 30, 2011.

1. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Just got it today and it feels like a tiny water balloon!
    [​IMG]
    Next to one of my jumbos!
    [​IMG]

2. JPHorvath

JPHorvath Chillin' With My Peeps

I had this just happen recently not sure if this is common. The egg was normal in size, but chicken was not well in my opinion. Any reason this happens?

3. MattMansChickens

MattMansChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Canada
    calcium defficiency?

4. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    I had a EE hen just come out of molt who layed 2 of those water balloon eggs,..reg. size though,...then she laid a fart egg with a good shell (it is blue,..looks like a robin egg,..so pretty!) and now she is back to laying normal size eggs with a nice pretty blue shell,....I hear it is common for young hens just laying their first eggs,...I wouldn't worry bout' it. [​IMG]

5. Sylvialarry

Sylvialarry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2010
    Northern Calif
    I had one of those too!! However the shell was hard and when I cracked it open there was no yoke, only white.

[​IMG]

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Most of the fart eggs I have gotten do not have a yolk.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    ok thats funny, i've never heard this term and that teensy little egg is about the egg alotment i get in a year!! Unless of course its in cake or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by