my first fertile egg o' the season

dunno, but it may also have something to do with it being that it's their second winter with lights and they're coming into their second year... ???
hu.gif
... NO older hens in the bunch...

2/6 -- got one internally pipping (pretty sure it's one of the first three set) --- i screwed up with not marking the eggs consistently (or rather confused myself by writing dates laid on some, dates set on others, and dates expected to hatch on others -- schmuck)
he.gif
.... i tend to get a little too excited when i set eggs and tell myself i'll remember -- which i rarely do... not a good sign repeating the same thing and expecting different results --- but that's for another board...
roll.png

...by candling and trying to sort things right, i think i have it right now.... on ALL future eggs, i'm only writing due dates...

1 due on the 7th or 8th
4 due on the 12th
3 due on the 19th
2 due on the 22nd
3 due on the 28th
and i just set another 7 (expecting 3 or 4 to be fertile)-- will be due 3/6

i'm pretty sure it's 3 hens that are laying ... pattern seems to be 2 eggs, 1 egg, no eggs, 2, 1, 0, etc.....

fingers crossed for this little guy -- i've got some silkies eggs at the same pipping stage right now in the same bator so he's got someone to talk to
smile.png
... 99.6 and 65% humidity....

-- i'm saving the dud eggs (ng's or xxxx's written on 'em in permanent marker
wink.png
) and swapping them as i take the new eggs...

Good luck I hope he hatches fine!! I'm really jealous I won't have eggs until may haha your males are settling in well here! It's interesting to see where they fall in terms of dominance

Good luck I hope he hatches fine!! I'm really jealous I won't have eggs until may haha your males are settling in well here! It's interesting to see where they fall in terms of dominance
i really appreciate your taking all of them --i'm sure they're happier with familiar faces ...i'd guess the black shoulders are mellow and the blue and white are trying to become king ...

Back
Top Bottom