My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

These so-called men at his work aren't.. Right, pollyannas - myopic "do gooders" - they're fixing to eviscerate us. Whenever societies have gotten this "drugged up" by luxury (the luxury of not fearing famine, for example), they have fallen hard & fast. Rome rotted from within.

You can go too far the other way, of course! But this malaise is true "urban blight."

A fox on a person's PORCH has to go - plain and simple - and even if foxes only rarely bite kids - your duty was to see that for your babies that 'rarely' as a NEVER - a duty you upheld quite well.

mygirls, stand your ground. You did what had to be done' something these wimps masquerading in man suits couldn't.

OH don't shoot a bear with a 22 unless it is life & death - and aim for head if & only if it's very dire (i.e. You have to save a human it's attacking).. 22 is too weak for bears. Complex laws - be careful!

Don't assume anything - a bear angered by a 22 "sting" might run but might turn on you! They are very dangerous - if you see one I'd call the county trapper right that moment and keep calling til they catch it - they should help, but you may have to make em do their job.

Shellz, I know - it's sick how urbanites are letting this problem explode.

Last edited:
Find fox and coyote recipes:

Pan Boiled Fox (serves 6-8)

This recipe is inspired by my Greek friend's father who cooked wild
mountain goat using this (Ikarian) method. The flavour is extremely
similar to fox. So, as you can see, very occasionally - and in the
interest of research - I have tasted non-roadkill meat!

INGREDIENTS (all approximate measurements)
2 large onions roughly chopped
Boned or still-on-the-bone legs of one medium to large fox (cut into 8
pieces if still on the bone)
6 medium sized carrots (cut into thick inch long batons)
6 medium sized courgettes (cut into thick inch and a half long batons)
(with flowers if available)
1 tea cup olive oil
2 bay leaves
4-6 whole pepper corns
2-3 pieces of allspice
2-3 lemons
2 large eggs
Sea salt (fairly liberal amounts) and ground black pepper
Water

METHOD
In a large saucepan gently brown the onions in olive oil. Add the meat and cook in the onion/oil mix for a few minutes. Add the bay leaves, allspice, pepper corns, salt, ground pepper,juice of one lemon, carrots and a few cups of water to the pan. Cover with a lid and simmer for half an hour stirring occasionally. Add the courgettes. Add more water if necessary. Cook for about another half-hour at a slow but steady boil.
Beat the eggs and mix with remaining lemon juice. Gradually ladle off all the hot cooking liquor from the pan and carefully beat it in with the eggs.
Return to pan. Serve with hunks of good rustic bread to soak up the juices.

Spicy Coyote Jerky

Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Curing Time: 12-24 hours
Drying Time: 10 hours
Makes about 1 pound of jerky

Ingredients
4 pounds (about 2 quarts) coyote, trimmed of all gristle, fat, and
silver skin
3 tablespoons coarse salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes

1. Cut the meat into 1/4-inch-thick strips. For chewier jerky, cut with the grain of the meat. For tender jerky, slice across the grain. For even more tender jerky, lightly pound the meat with a mallet.

2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir well to blend. Add the meat strips, cover, and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Remove the meat from the marinade and dry on racks (baking racks work well) in the refrigerator for an hour. Place the strips in a 175-degree oven or smoker for an hour or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 degrees. Lower the temperature of the oven or smoker to 140 degrees, and if you are using a standard kitchen oven, crack the door open about an inch to allow moisture to escape. A foil ball works well as an oven door stop. If using a smoker, open all the vents. After five hours, flip the meat strips over and heat or smoke them for another five hours or until they are thoroughly dry.

3. Package the jerky strips in vacuum-sealed zip-lock bags and freeze for up to a year.

Thanks steamroo Its hard for me I am a red blooded american republican woman and sometimes I get to carried away with trying to prove my point to people I am usually very nice and will brake my back trying to help someone. But dealing with people like this just frustrates me and makes me feel horrible. As I said earlier taking that foxes life was not a fun thing for me to do

Find fox and coyote recipes:

Pan Boiled Fox (serves 6-8)

This recipe is inspired by my Greek friend's father who cooked wild
mountain goat using this (Ikarian) method. The flavour is extremely
similar to fox. So, as you can see, very occasionally - and in the
interest of research - I have tasted non-roadkill meat!

INGREDIENTS (all approximate measurements)
2 large onions roughly chopped
Boned or still-on-the-bone legs of one medium to large fox (cut into 8
pieces if still on the bone)
6 medium sized carrots (cut into thick inch long batons)
6 medium sized courgettes (cut into thick inch and a half long batons)
(with flowers if available)
1 tea cup olive oil
2 bay leaves
4-6 whole pepper corns
2-3 pieces of allspice
2-3 lemons
2 large eggs
Sea salt (fairly liberal amounts) and ground black pepper
Water

METHOD
In a large saucepan gently brown the onions in olive oil. Add the meat and cook in the onion/oil mix for a few minutes. Add the bay leaves, allspice, pepper corns, salt, ground pepper,juice of one lemon, carrots and a few cups of water to the pan. Cover with a lid and simmer for half an hour stirring occasionally. Add the courgettes. Add more water if necessary. Cook for about another half-hour at a slow but steady boil.
Beat the eggs and mix with remaining lemon juice. Gradually ladle off all the hot cooking liquor from the pan and carefully beat it in with the eggs.
Return to pan. Serve with hunks of good rustic bread to soak up the juices.

Spicy Coyote Jerky

Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Curing Time: 12-24 hours
Drying Time: 10 hours
Makes about 1 pound of jerky

Ingredients
4 pounds (about 2 quarts) coyote, trimmed of all gristle, fat, and
silver skin
3 tablespoons coarse salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes

1. Cut the meat into 1/4-inch-thick strips. For chewier jerky, cut with the grain of the meat. For tender jerky, slice across the grain. For even more tender jerky, lightly pound the meat with a mallet.

2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir well to blend. Add the meat strips, cover, and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Remove the meat from the marinade and dry on racks (baking racks work well) in the refrigerator for an hour. Place the strips in a 175-degree oven or smoker for an hour or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 degrees. Lower the temperature of the oven or smoker to 140 degrees, and if you are using a standard kitchen oven, crack the door open about an inch to allow moisture to escape. A foil ball works well as an oven door stop. If using a smoker, open all the vents. After five hours, flip the meat strips over and heat or smoke them for another five hours or until they are thoroughly dry.

3. Package the jerky strips in vacuum-sealed zip-lock bags and freeze for up to a year.

Have you tried this before?

I think it's a joke. I wouldn't't eat fox or coyote.

Mygirls, I think their real motivation is fear. A whole generation of lost men now exists - they don't know how to be men - they are craven urbanites, cogs in a wheel and nothing like their ancestors.

So when they see a woman doing a (traditionally) man's job, their you know what's shrivel up a bit - and they panic - and being unable yo face their own inadequacies, they lash out instead - out of fear - and also misplaced empathy for a crazy fox.

Of course it was hard. You have empathy - which stops us from making bad mistakes - but unchecked turns us into pathetic husks of human beings.. You knew what you had to do & did it - tell your husband I think HE should have! Well, don't. Keep the peace - love him - but do keep him from being les astray by his pals.

I think it's a joke. I wouldn't't eat fox or coyote.

Mygirls, I think their real motivation is fear. A whole generation of lost men now exists - they don't know how to be men - they are craven urbanites, cogs in a wheel and nothing like their ancestors.

So when they see a woman doing a (traditionally) man's job, their you know what's shrivel up a bit - and they panic - and being unable yo face their own inadequacies, they lash out instead - out of fear - and also misplaced empathy for a crazy fox.

Of course it was hard. You have empathy - which stops us from making bad mistakes - but unchecked turns us into pathetic husks of human beings.. You knew what you had to do & did it - tell your husband I think HE should have! Well, don't. Keep the peace - love him - but do keep him from being les astray by his pals.

lol Ya I talked to my mother-in-law about it and she said I did right. She had some good advice too. I am going to just shoot them without telling hubby about it... then he wont tell his co-workers and everything will be fine. I think if he was home last Sunday when Sandy (our chicken) got attacked and heard her screaming at 11pm he would feel different about it then seeing the fox come back and kill Snow White probably would have helped change his mind. Sandy pulled through though the fox tried to pull her through the fence by her wing :( tore all the skin off so it was a fun week of taking care of her and nursing her back.

My husband is kinda sheltered I am hoping with time he will change I love him but I will just have to do this stuff behind his back from now on. No point in a fox killing my chickens and ruining my marriage lol

gig.gif
steamroo you do crack me up though. I thought my husband would have found it a little attractive that I am a girl 5"6 125pounds and that I handled business with a gun most of my x-boyfriends would have but nope... Oh well like I said I will just keep everything to myself and to you guys lol Hope my girls just wont taddle tail on me haha

Haven't tried fox but had coyote jerky. Taste similar to bear. It's likeable different. I'd only eat stuff that has a perfect coat and looked healthy. If you aren't into eating it gring it up and feed it to your chickens. the ultimate in payback.

I dont have a grinder lol I did read a post about someone who shot a fox that killed a few of her chickens then threw it in the coop to let the hens have their payback I would have thought the chickens could catch something from the fox or get sick
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom