My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

Lol ya I cleaned it and lubed it before I shot it the first time. After my first shot I cleaned and lubed it again :/ I should be able to shoot like 50 rounds before I need to clean/lube again grrr

And girls are never that complicated :D

Awwww, that sucks! I know how that feels. Grrrrrrr!
Gun might not have enough oomph to cycle the action? Sub-sonic rounds or low powder ones, may not work well on some semi-auto .22s. Just something my hubs suggested. And yeah, ammo can be tricky with .22s. If you haven't gone to the store yet, you might ask if there's a good range of ammo better suited for your gun. Hope this helps! Good luck!

What ammo brand, Mygirls?

Mossberg is a decent make of gun - should be workable.

Any of you try a homemade incubator? That's what we use - ice chest and light bulb ftw! Well, old computer fan, too, and cheap thermostat. It's very touchy cuz the thermostat (water heater one from HD) has about a 5 degree F range - not good - but if u get the right distance from the bulb, the diff between radiant and other heat causes much less of a temp swing. We've hatched normal breeds fine (good success rate) - had trouble w/ Seramas but the are hard to hatch and came USPS (many air sacs busted). We do have some little Seramas, though - very cute.

Well it was date night tonight ( our daughters were being watched over night by my mother-in-law) we decided to do some target practice.... Everything was going fine hubby really loves the gun but after four shots my mossberg semi auto .22 started jamming up?!?!? I had to push in the safety take out the mag and then pull back the bolt to shake the bullet loose. I dont know whats going on but I am going to take it to my gun store tomorrow and see what they say. This just totally sucks cause I was finally getting my husband excited about shooting a gun

Did you lube the gun? .22 ammo isn't the most high quality. So throw the dud out and try again.You'll have to try several brands before you find one it likes. .22's are fickle..like girls :)

Awwww, that sucks! I know how that feels. Grrrrrrr!
Gun might not have enough oomph to cycle the action? Sub-sonic rounds or low powder ones, may not work well on some semi-auto .22s. Just something my hubs suggested. And yeah, ammo can be tricky with .22s. If you haven't gone to the store yet, you might ask if there's a good range of ammo better suited for your gun. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Sub sonic rounds do not work on semi auto .22s Changing brands may help. I love the cci min mag for hunting. I wish I got to this thread early on. I had a .22 marlin semi auto .22 that was a piece of junk worked on during warranty but it never worked well. Traded it in and got a ruger 10/22 and it has never jammed on me. Mossberg is a good name so try different ammo and go-to some shooting sites for advice if it happens again.

My girl
You can jump on preadtor master forum and get so much useful info and you will be good to go.I would start by cleaning your gun for starts only use very very little lube.Nh red is right try a different ammo but before you start wasting money on ammo go to a sight and post your issue and your gonna be back at it.I would get your self a 20g pump shot gun and you won't miss with that.It will take out all of your critter problems with really no kick at all

How often does the chainsaw get used? If they're not used to it, that could definitely keep some from laying. I've had 10 hens over the winter, and was glad of it because 4 went on strike. The other 6 were on different cycles or something, so I only got 1-4 eggs a day. As soon as the days get longer, they get back into producing. ( I have no supplemental light, just a red heat lamp) So one day, I get 4 eggs and the next 9. Now they're all laying. I'm getting 6-10 eggs a day. This is why I'm hard boiling a lot and feeding back to them these days! Good egg salad too!
I've never paid attention to egg production and the chainsaw or log splitter. We do a lot of this work in spring. If birds are free ranging, they just go hide in the evergreens. Don't know if they ever get used to it. Maybe.
The supplemental light will increase production in winter (my experience).

Back
Top Bottom