My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

You can try a hot plate. Hook up a sheet of metal to a car battery. And put it in front of the coop where he is sure to circle around and see how he likes stepping on it. That cage sure does bite back.
barnie.gif

Use a bigger gun. If you can get close enough to hit it with a BB gun, you just need a bigger gun. He will not leave until all the food is gone, (your chicks)

Geese are loud and I guess their panic could awaken or inform you in case of a fox attack. However geese will only keep foxes out of your chickens until you run out of fat & tasty geese to feed to the foxes.

Huh they guy told me the goose would actually attack the fox (like they do with kids at a lake or something) trying to protect the chickens. Well scratch that idea saves me from building a pond lol Thanks for the info

Well as I am sure everyone knows I used the chicken the fox killed for bait last night... woke up this morning no caught fox :/ I dont even think he came back so good news no dead or hurt chickens. But I am sure he will be back maybe just took a break last night I am sure getting attacked by a dog and getting shot countless times with a BB gun was not to fun. I will leave the trap set and see how it goes. Well I am back off to work on my coop going to lay chicken wire on the ground outside of my run/coop and put 4 inch metal stakes in to hold it all down. This fox is going to have to start digging 4 feet away to be able to dig under.
yesss.gif
but man am I tired I have already put up 100 plus feet of chicken wire in the last two days not to mention taking care of my kids and dogs. Also trying to stay up with my house wife chores lol

Back
Top Bottom