My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

Foxes are clever. He'll be back after things cool off, I imagine. I admire your tenacity! You are woman & I hear you ROAR! Good on ya!

hahaha thank you. yep I went to the gun store today and filled out my paperwork for my new .22 so excited.
ya.gif
so hopefully in a week I will have it and will be good to go the next time something like this happens. Foxes and coyotes beware and stay away from my chickens
bun.gif
(picked the bunny cause he is doing a happy dance lol)

Get proficiant with your new firearm and as said get some subsonic rounds, thier no louder than an air-rifle. Remember the rules of firearm safety. When you have an encounter with the predator do not hesitate to act or he will be gone. After he is dispatched make use of his hide, there are many sites on the net on how to preserve hides borax salt ect.ect., dont let anything go to waste. Good huntung.

Last edited:
Get proficiant with your new firearm and as said get some subsonic rounds, thier no louder than an air-rifle. Remember the rules of firearm safety. When you have an encounter with the predator do not hesitate to act or he will be gone. After he is dispatched make use of his hide, there are many sites on the net on how to preserve hides borax salt ect.ect., dont let anything go to waste. Good huntung.

Ya I use to help my friends with hides (deer and antelope) I just dont know what I am going to do with the fur after I get it all done. Are you even allowed to keep the fox fur? Just thinking it might be frowned upon dont want to get into any trouble and have people think I am killing foxes just for the fur

Glad you're getting support Mygirls, & thanks for explaining that person's weird post -- didn't know foxes had a right to due process (as they will if certain nuts have their way).

I've seen some good advice here, but I think mostly she just needs to get her rifle, some ammo - and if that fox let her shoot it with bbs, she will kill it.

Do you know what the neighbor fed it? If you do and if you don't see it for a while, using that food as bait might lure it in front of your sites.

Good luck!

Glad you're getting support Mygirls, & thanks for explaining that person's weird post -- didn't know foxes had a right to due process (as they will if certain nuts have their way).

I've seen some good advice here, but I think mostly she just needs to get her rifle, some ammo - and if that fox let her shoot it with bbs, she will kill it.

Do you know what the neighbor fed it? If you do and if you don't see it for a while, using that food as bait might lure it in front of your sites.

Good luck!

Thanks I am in the background checking process now should only be a few days till I get my gun. :) Then I just had to find some ammo. I dont know what the guy is feeding it but I plan on sitting on my porch and waiting for the thing to come back maybe have a beer or two lol jk. I did put my dead bird in the live trap nothing last night but maybe I can trap him tonight. My friend had a 22 so he will shoot him for me then it will all be over till another one takes its place. The foxes out by me are worse then mice. I am sure the population will live on I have my kids and chickens plus the dogs to think about this fox is to ballzy for me.

Back
Top Bottom