Starting at:
Sale starting at:
Clearance starting at:

Reg. price:

Overall

NOTICES
disclaimer_close.gif

Notice--Ammunition
Ammunition is restricted from sale to DC, IL, MA, NJ and NY City. For other locations, you must be 18 or older to purchase ammunition or black powder. For safety reasons we do not accept returns on ammunition or black powder. All ammunition and black powder are considered hazardous and will be shipped ground, contiguous 48 states only. For U.S. sale only.

Ah, I see Steemroo! I don't always get some of these acronyms! Anywho, yeah, balancing nature is one tricky business! We have wolves being protected in some regions & not others. Wolves that are protected, are leaving their protected areas and breeding with the coyotes. Hence, the BIG eastern coyotes now. They seem to get bolder all the time. They aren't coming on my property as yet, (other places they are confronting & even fighting with dogs in yards) but they won't run or scare as easily as you might think! They'll look at you & just saunter off without a care in the world. I find that unnerving, especially with my first encounter & had no gun on me! Would have been a great pelt.

The province of B.C. seems to have too many coyotes and they're hanging out in the big parks & golf courses. You should see the pics! My jaw fell. Why isn't anything being done??? The older pups are picking up golf balls, thinking they're eggs! In broad daylight with golfers playing through. NOW they're whining their kids are getting bit? DUH! So glad I don't live there. They're hoping nature will take care of the growing problem? By then, how many folks need to get bit? Ugh, it's a bad problem & I can't even imagine how they will ( or even if) solve the problem. Its going to get real ugly, I imagine!

Ok sorry to everyone but I need to vent. Went to hubbys work to pick up the dogs (he takes them to work for half the day giving me a break) And everyone (all men) even my father-in-law were all ****** at me for killing the fox. I am now called the fox murderer. It really ticks me off like I told them if this fox had snatched one of my father-in-laws small dogs they would have been high fiving me for killing it or god forbid bit one of my children. But they all said foxes dont hurt people (OK?!?!) what if my daughters had a piece of food and were playing outside and the fox tried to take it from them? So because this fox injured one of my chickens and killed another my killing it isnt justified? It has to attack a dog or cat or a child first for people to get that its dangerous. Where the hell is the human race going. Again I will say I feel bad for taking its life and you all know I did everything I could to try to make it stay away (spent four nights shooting it with a BB gun) Everyone at my husbands work told me that I needed to get rid of my chickens or move down to the city Uh why? I cant live where I want to live and have livestock why should I have to move? and btw there are foxes in the city to. I refuse to be a drone to the grocery store just cause I dont want to deal with the real life world. next time I will just drop the fox off in their front yard and see how they like dealing with it.

Again sorry for the rant but you guys are the only ones on my side right now and my hubby has a mob of people that are telling him what I did was wrong whatever

And quick question I was also told that if a bear attacks my chickens I couldnt shoot it without a license cause I am not zoned for a ranch (my husbands friend says so) From what I gathered from the wildlife officer I could shoot anything attacking my livestock and chickens count as livestock

my wife just showed me a photo of a revolver which has it's name stenciled on the side below the cylinder "Kindness"
next time i need to shoot a skunk i will kill it with "Kindness"

Where does you husband work, at the local PETA chapter? I'd tell them to go P up a rope. What you are seeing, is the BarneyTheDinasaurification, of America. This pollyanna way of looking at everything, instead of reality. What you did, with that fox, was totally justified. YOU are right, that fox had no fear of humans, and was dangerous. Maybe not to an adault, but certainly to a small child. You are in the right, ignore the whiners.
Jack

Ya its stupid they (the people that work for my husband) live in the suburbs of Evergreen Co but still in the mountains my father-in-law has a pack of coyotes that hang out in his front yard and he has two small french bulldogs I keep telling him that he needs to shoot the coyotes but he doesnt think they will mess with the dogs. I guess you cant fix people I just never realized how many odd people are out there not use to it. use to the cowboy ranch type I guess lol thanks Jack :)

Again sorry for the venting lol

Has anyone heard of or used wolf pee to scare off foxes and coyotes? Someone at the gun store today told me about it. I dont believe I have wolves in my area never seen or heard one so I am hoping it wont bring them in. But wouldnt it be nice if I could pour some wolf pee down and everything stays away

Back
Top Bottom