My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

Ya I am over it I have worn myself out trying to prove my point Oh well lol I will just do what I have to do and everyone who doesnt like it can kiss my you know what lol. I love my chickens and my kids If people cant understand the need I have to protect them they need to get their heads checked.
smack.gif
I dont really care what other people think of me the things my hubby had to say stung but he will get over it. Once he sees what really happens when a fox attacks or when he is walking around at dawn and a coyotes sneaks up on him he will understand what uncomfortable feels like
duc.gif

Shellz Thinking about getting foxy a sister everyone keeps saying a .22 is a little to small for coyotes. I have a feeling buying guns for myself is going to turn into a addiction
lol.png

Wow, some people just will not lodge the Disney movie out of their minds and look at real nature, instead.

if the day comes when these people might actually go hungry if the pest/predator wins, they'll change their tune, fast (or starve),.

See, when a person's city job pays the bills and this i s just a hobby, they can afford to "be at one with nature" and pay for the gasoline it takes to drive live trapped raccoons and foxes and mice 60 miles away to release (and then make them someone else's problem).

Dolfinlover - you would really tolerate an aggressive fox coming on your porch?

Mygitls, those people sick - telling your children snow White should have died. Insane zealots. This is the same mentality that made Puritanism burn witches 350 years who in New England. Disgusting. Yeah, the idiots just plain don't know how food gets on their table - and they've gone stupid. It alarms me that they can vote.

Ya well just teaches my kids another lesson that there are mean stupid people out there. Also that most boys now a days are stupid and that they need to be able to take care of themselves and get the job done. Kinda sad when you think about it that 2 and 3 year olds can deal with real life situations better then some adult men can (the guys at hubbys work)
My oldest also toldmy husband this morning that he was wrong for wanting the fox to live and he would survive
gig.gif
This is probably my fault whenever my kids scrape a knee or bump something I give them a kiss and tell them they will survive lol same for when they are pouting or throwing a fit haha Guess they thought their daddy was being a pouty brat

lol thanks Jack he isnt as strong willed as his daughters and his wife hehe so ya I will break him yet. Always kinda flattens the ego when your 3 year old daughter is telling you to suck it up. Watch out world there are two little mes growing up
lau.gif

:), yep.

Here's the thing - most of us don't Want to kill the fox but will if we really feel we have to.

Certain others also don't want to kill the fox and think they never, ever would or should - ever - that tHe fox is their lil nature buddy, their fuzzy friendly pal.. We're not that far apart, except too many of the second type want to force their decision on all of us - because they KNOW THEY ARE RIGHT.

That's incredibly naive, but this is what happens in a hyper-educated, urban culture corrupted by excessive wealth and luxury.

A meme has arisen to address this - 'sounds like a First World problem to me.'

Last edited:
Ah yeah MyGirls! A sister for Foxy! A .22 IS too light for coyotes. If you want to try hunting deer later, (just saying) find a powerful gun that will do 2 jobs! If you have a rifle season for deer, a .243 is a good way to go. Since we don't here, hubby uses a compound bow, & I use a crossbow. LOVE my crossbow! I think just about anyone can get good with shooting a crossbow. Mine is an Excalibur Axiom, and with a good broadhead on the bolt, you can take out just about anything! The only limitation is distance. Your target has to be within 50 yards to do fatal damage. In any case, if I'm just hunting coyotes, I have my .223. It's just the right amount of deadly to a yote! Oh yes, firearms can be addictive! Can't you tell? Lol!

I love how your son told off the old man! Holy cow, he's got spunk! You go junior! You see, you're teaching him how to see the world the way it was meant to be. At least for country folks! You've gotta be practical. You must have been so proud!

Back
Top Bottom