My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

When I was younger and the prices for furs were up I traped alot of coon because it was easyer then having to be scent proof when you set for fox. Fox are hard to catch (for me) in a foot hold, but easyer w/ snares. However, you catch a fox they are easy to hold compared to a coon. Coon seem to have dense muscles like a bear, that make them very powerful.

Coons are tough like bears too. I battled one in the dark inside my chicken run this summer and the only weapon I had handy was an aluminum grain shovel. He lived because the fence was flexible, but I did my best to cut him in half. Didn't even draw blood.

MyGirls20, if your father-inlaw is thinking about a small critter gun, I highly recomend the 17 hmr. I got one this year and it's now my favorite gun out of about 20.

Thanks 12321 I will let him know :) Welcome to the form

Shellz I love your pic :)

I hope I never have a coon problem those things are nasty and super mean. My friend took his dog hunting one time the stupid dog followed the coon into a deep stream the racoon drowned the dog. We use to have some that would hang out in a tree next to our house when I was younger they would hiss and growl at us. I was so terrified to go outside.

Don't by that semi model 597 in 17 Hmr that thing is garbage and it blows up in the chamber no joke just putting that out you can pick up a H&R single shot for cheap money and they are a tack driver and they even come in a youth model syn. Stock for all you Girls.

I used to call my 597 jam master jay.I would take a shot at a yote then try to follow up and the next round was stove piped the yotes used to laugh at me I gave it away and it blew up in my buddy's face.I didn't get a recall for that peice of beeeeep so I never new it was a ticking time bomb.

My .17hmr is a Browning T bolt. It's AWESOME! Next best thing to a semi-auto, but much more accurate! It's a wood stock, which I prefer for my smaller caliber guns.
Sorry about your 597 welly. That is scary! What else in your arsenal?

My .17hmr is a Browning T bolt. It's AWESOME! Next best thing to a semi-auto, but much more accurate! It's a wood stock, which I prefer for my smaller caliber guns.
Sorry about your 597 welly. That is scary! What else in your arsenal?
Those tbolts are nice looking guns, my buddy has a old one in a 22 mag, do you have the sporter or heavy barrel? I have been considering one but don't know if I can justify the Browning price on a rimfire rifle.

I agree on the 597 not being reliable I have not had luck with any Remington rimfire in semi auto, I don't know if there is a semi auto known for reliability in the magnum cartridges, a big problem with semi auto rimfires is folks never clean them, this will cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom