My First Goat!

I just out down a bowl of corn-free, soy-free, non-GMO goat pellet, and they are *scarfing* it like it's going out of style. It appears it is for lactating goats, so I will have to get the other kind after the next paycheck. :)

It appears they are satisfied and happy for the moment.

I found crawlies, so both got a deep-cleanse Sevin dust bath. Again in seven days. Also changing bedding and dusting their pen. Phew.

I love mosquito bites.

Happy Thursday.

MrsB

CONCLUSION:

First, I'd like to thank every one for their help and input. Y'all were invaluable as we started this adventure.

We've had the goats for over a month now.

We separated Heidi and Sampson and keep Heidi in another part of the yard with one of the female goats we suspect is now pregnant. :) Sampson still has two girlfriends to keep him company. No chance of my sweet little Heidi getting knocked up before it's time!

Once we got the three girls off corn, they sweetened up and come running for pettings now. :)

I am simply in love with our little herd. :) They get pellets, a few whole oats, alfalfa pellets, and free-choice coastal hay in addition to the pasture they can graze if they want.

We found out that the three girls we got are some type of Spanish cross (veeeery common here in Texas).

So I wanted to let every one know that IT CAN BE DONE! Even if you have no clue what you're doing and have to climb a steep learning curve. Rely on advice from people who have come before you, and GET OUT THERE AND DO IT!!!!

Because NOTHING beats coming home to this...

"Maaaama, I looooove yoooooou."

MrsB

Back
Top Bottom