My first Hatch - 100% Hatch so far!!!

abubakar4u2003

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Houston, TX
I got my incubator beginning of this month and put in 20 eggs and the chicks start hatching Christmas evening. So far every egg has hatched and I have 9 beautiful chicks chirping around. More eggs have cracks on them. Hopefully all of them will be hatching. Sharing some of their pics. Can anyone tell which breed they belong to?

87118_img_0425.jpg

87118_img_0430.jpg

87118_img_0431.jpg

87118_img_0433.jpg

They are adorable!!!
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
loveshower.gif
I have had 100% hatches but more like 95% hatches. My advice is don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Last edited:
Thanks. Indeed they are. I even filmed the first one hatching out of egg. Is there a specific reason for not counting them until they completely hatch? what about breeds? Can you identify their breeds by their colorings?

WOW
ep.gif
thats amazing, especialy for a first time
jumpy.gif
I would really like to knowe what humidity you had for this amazing hatch. Great job, and good luck
yippiechickie.gif
Oh and about the breeds, they could really be any breed beacause it is extreemly hard if not impossible to tell what breed they are as newly hatched chicks. You could Google Image any breed of a chicken's chicks and most will look like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you are right about it. there are lots of breeds which have chicks looking same at this age. I used HOVA-BATOR INCUBATOR 1602N with 1611 EGG TURNER. Bought it off ebay and followed the instructions off the web. For humidity, I use to put a glass of water each twice a week (as instructed on the manual). Also removed the egg turner on 18th day.

Back
Top Bottom