MY first meat bird

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Sam208, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Sam208

Sam208 Songster

Jun 3, 2009
    I will order my frist bird about sept 1 to have them ready when the temp start to get cool.

so my question is their any other place to get the Xrocks than MM. I have notting bad to say bad MM i have their chicks now and their doing great.
    Just looking for a another place to order from.

sam208

2. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I used to order them form MM but I found out about Moyers in PA, they seemed to be the same quality but much cheaper. Shop around and you should be able to find a decent price, where are you located anyhow?

3. jaku

jaku Songster

Some places don't call them Cornish X's. Some call them White Broilers, the one I use calls them Hubbard White Mountain Broilers, etc, but most hatcheries sell them.

4. Sam208

Sam208 Songster

Jun 3, 2009
    thanks for the info

IM in IL

thanks sam

5. Sam208

Sam208 Songster

Jun 3, 2009
    But the xrock and the white broilers are the same thing?/

thanks sam

6. jaku

jaku Songster

Quote:The ones I've seen are- I guess I can't speak for all hatcheries. I'd say that if they call it a white broiler, it looks like the Cornish X, and they say it's ready for butcher in 8 weeks, you can be fairly sure that's what you're getting. If you're unsure, just ask them- they would be able to tell you because I'm sure they get asked that several times per day. Townline calls theirs Hubbard White Mountain Broilers, but in the listing, they say "commonly known as the Cornish Cross."

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm ordering mine from Jmhatchery but they are freedom rangers. I guess not as dumb about free ranging as the cornish X We are getting ours this friday and they are our first also. Good luck with yours!

8. Sam208

Sam208 Songster

Jun 3, 2009
    thanks good luck with yours:thumbsup

9. CARS

CARS Songster

I get mine from Hoover's in IA. I would imagine that EVERY hatchery would have a strain of this breed if they want to survive in business.

10. nancymiller

nancymiller In the Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Western NC
    hi, got mine from Hoover today and they look great. They sent extra , I ordered 25 and got 28 . They came the day after they were shipped, I was surprised. Toooo cute for words, too bad they will be heading for the crock pot in fast order,lol:thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: