my first muscovy duckling

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gamebirdsonly, May 10, 2008.

1. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    This was my first time incubating muscovy eggs had 6 in the incubator and wasn't expecting any to hatch until the 15th. well i wrote down the wrong date, when i got home from work today and went to check to see if any more of my chicken eggs had hatch, I had a little surprise up in the turner part of my sportsman. and here it is:

[​IMG]

2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    VERY VERY CUTE!! Are you sure muscovy? kinda looks dark, and with the spots on the feet, is there any chance that its an Ancona?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

TOO cute! It will imprint to you & you'll have a new best friend. [​IMG] Just be sure to get it some waterfowl starter & don't give it any medicated feed....

I've had muscovies hatch that look like that...
    [​IMG]

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Ive hatched out other kinds of duck eggs, so im familer with baby ducks just decided to try something new.

5. Zack717

Zack717 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2008
    That looks just like one of my Muscovies did. They are so awesome! More like dogs than ducks.

6. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Its so cute.

7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    so cute when they are ducklings but sorry when they are adults they are pretty nasty looking

8. fowlfriends

fowlfriends Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2007
    Battle Ground, Wa
    I love that baby's little toes! Muscovies are by far my favorite! Their personalities are fantastic, if sometimes difficult.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by