My first sinus infection

When I saw the first pic I thought it didn't look bad enough to have to cut out.  When I first see a bird of mine that has that puffiness I give a shot and it goes away in a couple of days.  

Obviously, the owner has had the problem for quite a while or there would not be a hard pellet of infection.

Good job Kathy!

These birds were rescued by my friend. Apparently his friend had a major illness go through his flock, which killed most of his birds. My friend took three survivors and has been treating them. The BS looks great and this one looks better now that the pus is out, but there is a third that I'm quite worried about... just catching and holding her yesterday caused her to go into severe respiratory distress... so bad I thought she was gonna die on the spot, so I had to cut her loose.

Curiously, what color is this hen?

-Kathy

These birds were rescued by my friend. Apparently his friend had a major illness go through his flock, which killed most of his birds. My friend took three survivors and has been treating them. The BS looks great and this one looks better now that the pus is out, but there is a third that I'm quite worried about... just catching and holding her yesterday caused her to go into severe respiratory distress... so bad I thought she was gonna die on the spot, so I had to cut her loose.

Curiously, what color is this hen?

-Kathy

I would like to see the whole bird, the dark brown on the head kind of looks like Cameo Pied but other colors have brown head color also.
@AugeredIn ?

Quote: She has some greenish feathers on her neck, sort of like my purple hen. I'll see if I can get better pictures of her in the next few days. The one that's really sick is the same sort of color, will try to get some of her, too.

-Kathy

Ok, if it is Cameo it would not have any green, blue, or purple feathers on the neck. Since it does I would lean to Purple Pied.
Okay... it's a year older than my 2016 purple, but has less coloring. So safe to tell him white eyed purple pied? Or is it purple pied white eye?

-Kathy

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom