My first time ever incubating Quail eggs.

lol, how odd eh? Well at least your skin colour became normal after spending time by the window! I'm the opposite, i'm a natural goth lmao! I'm that pale you would think there was something wrong with me lol I never tan, just burn then instantly return to ice
tongue.png

But yeah, these guys are adorable!! They are nice and quiet at the moment, all tucked up with the Eeyore teddy and the bed socks. I made a nest lol, and they've piled into it.

One of them keeps waking up and running around screaming, but when i talk it goes back into the nest and falls asleep again, so think it just needs to know "mummy" is near haha.

I wish i could get a pic of them, but the red light from the heat lamp makes it impossible to get any picture that isn't just a red blob.

Everyone has their own undertones, it effects how you react to sun light. For instance you probably have cool blue undertones :D I have gotten pretty pale too recently but it really doesn't suit me because I look yellowy again lol.

That's one of the things you can't get from an incubator and brooder. There's no 'mama' hen, so you must've taken her place. I would love more pics when you can get 'em. :p just sayin'.

Last edited:
Yeah, i was reading some news article a while ago and it says to look at the colour of your veins in your wrist to determine your "tones"..apparently mine is blue. Not sure what that means exactly, never been into fashion, and all the girly type of things lol.

And yes, the one thing missing now is the mummy hen, but too risky to put them back in the aviary at this age with the weather and not knowing if the mum will actually be ok with them, and the dad too. So, i'm mummy for the next month or two :p Thank god i've got my old guinea pig cage here still!

I had to have my guinea pig put to sleep last week. It was awful
sad.png
I cried my eyes out. He was my cats best buddy, for 5 and a half years. Such a lovely little thing, great character, amazingly friendly. Miss him still
hit.gif

But, i guess one good thing is that his old home is now being put to good use.

And yes, as soon as i can get more pics of these little cuties, i will post them on here. I'll have more luck in the daytime when i can switch the lamp off for 10 seconds and snap a shot then switch it back on lol.

I can't stop watching them, they're hilarious! Olive is in charge (she's 5 days older than the rest), and she keeps them near her, and actually drags them back to the nest if they wander off to far on their own! It's adorable. Love 'em
smile.png

It doesn't affect a whole lot. It just affects the kind of tan you get. For instance, my sister is much fairer than me, with red undertones. So she tends to get more of a 'glow' than I do. She also burns much easier. I think it's also used to help choose a concealer, or other makeup. Anyway, lol I don't mean to go off topic.

I'm sorry about your guinea pig, and it happened so recently too :( It's surprising how attached you get isn't it?

Olive sounds like a character, so cute :D Have you been up all night watching them? haha it's 5am, I just got up from a nap.

Oh, i thought i had something to do with makeup lol. Never wear the stuff personally, but i suppose it's handy if you are into that sort of thing? I wonder if there's any medical significance with that sort of thing too? Hmm, something to research later when i get bored :p

Yeah, it was really upsetting. Still go past the cage expecting him to jump up for his morning carrot :(

And yes, Olive is quite the character! She seems quite protective of the chicks, and keeps them all in line haha! They are all happy and healthy, and piled up under the heat lamp at the moment. So funny to watch! It's like a mountain of cute fluff haha! When one moves slightly they all tumble and then scramble back to the top again.

I had one of them starting to go a bit weak, like Olive did, so i gave it some sugar water and olive oil, and it's perked right up and doing everything it should be, so that was lucky!

Oh they are so cute! I can't stop watching them :)

This is the little one that needed a bit of help pooping....he/she is all better now :)

I don't really wear makeup either, so I'm not really the person to ask. (But it does look like fun experimenting with different looks.) But, if you're doing a painting of someone it helps to know their undertones because that's the colour/colours you'll use as a base for the rest of the paint. :) Medical significance..? Hmm I don't think so. But it could.

Olive and I are kindred spirits lol
That chick is so small :D so cute. Hamsters do the same thing, they all pile up into a big heap when they sleep. I think a lot of animals do it, it's adorable.

Why did you give the chick olive oil? I understand the sugar water, for energy; I've done the same thing with drowsy bees, but not the oil. You probably already explained it in an earlier post and I've just forgotten. If so, I apologise :rolleyes:

Yeah i guess doing a painting with tones would make sense? I'm not really an artist, well not in the drawing and painting sense anyway, i'm a designer/artist of a different type lol. But yeah, i guess i can see that.

And yeah he/she is tiny! I gave it Olive Oil as it was constipated, and had some poop blocked in its bum like Olive did. So a little tiny bit of Olive oil gets things moving a little easier for them after about an hour or so, and is life saving. Otherwise i would have lost 2 chicks.

Oh yes of course, that makes sense. Sorry, sometimes I'm a little slow. How are the little guys doing today?

(Are you a fashion designer? I know you said you worked from home.)

haha, don't worry, with so many online posts and forums, it's hard to keep track sometimes, so don't worry :)

The little ones have been moved into a bigger cage now. Very nervous as there's more room to explore, so they move in a herd like fashion haha! But all nice and cosy :) Even starting to get some feathers now too! I'll have to put another picture up once i get a chance :)

I actually design and make jewellery by hand. And bag charms, and all the other little girly accessories :) Which is odd, as i never wear jewellery or anything myself because i find it a bit too girly? haha! Really odd, but i love making it and designing it. I prefer handmade to mass produced, so i started my own little business..and i have a shop or two online now as well. You can google me..Mimz Designs (look for the tree symbol), if your interested, no pressure lol.

But yeah, the little guys are doing great :) And because i know they will all be gone soon to their new homes, i decided to grab myself a treat lol. I've not been into birds before i started hatching the eggs just for fun, but i think i'll miss it once i'm done, so i bought myself a new pet Cockatiel! haha!! She's beautiful! I've called her Curly because her hairstyle is a little odd and curled instead of straight like it should be, and it actually gives her a funny look that gets noticed right away when people see her :)

She's already eating from my hand, so i think we will get along great :)

Are you enjoying this heat wave by the way? I think it's too hot personally, but then i've never been a fan of the warm weather :/ Sitting here with the fan on full wack lol.

But i'll grab some more pictures in the daytime, they are so cute with little feathers sprouting from their wings haha!

That's great, once their feathers grow in they can go and live in the aviary with the other quail :) (Some people say quails, but I always thought the plural of quail was quail, like sheep...?)

That's not odd, it's really cool. I'll google it.

Curley sounds adorable, all I can think of is the beano character lol. Have you ever owned a Cockatiel before? I remember when I was little we used to go to pets at home to get hamster supplies, and the back of the shop was full of birds in cages, but they don't do that anymore.

Here the hottest it has been is 25C, which is still really warm, but not as warm as London for example. (31C!) Personally I love it, it has been very hot indoors, but outside with the breeze coming across from the sea it's pretty ideal. Haven't had a chance to really enjoy it though because we've been unpacking boxes and such. There was literally water running down my bedroom wall earlier lol, you have to laugh.

Back
Top Bottom