My first time hatching chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lizp8, Jun 7, 2011.

1. lizp8

lizp8 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    Hello everyone! [​IMG] This is my first time hatching chicken eggs. My first grade students and I are learning about life cycles and one of the cycles we are learning about is chickens, so I decided it would be beneficial for them to see the process. We are very excited as today is day 15 of incubation! Some of my students and I noticed that a couple of the lighter eggs have dark spots all over them (they look like they are coming from the inside). Is this normal? Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you!

~Liz

2. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello and [​IMG]

I'm guessing the dark spots you are talking about is just the eggs with more prominent pores on them, so basically, nothing to worry about.

I always wished I had a teacher who did that with us, your students are in for a lovely treat! Keep us updated!

3. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    Just don't feed them dogfood when they hatch lol

4. lizp8

lizp8 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks! I'm in Baltimore City and my students are so excited about these eggs hatching! I just don't want to let them down! I feel like the spots are fine, I just thought I would get some input. I will keep everyone posted. I'm so excited as well!

P.S.- I won't feed them dog food lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by