My first

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DntBrnDPig, Mar 14, 2015.

1. DntBrnDPig

DntBrnDPig Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2015
    SE Tennessee
    [​IMG]

I'm in the chicken business! Mt first time with chickens. I've made a brooder/Grow Out Pen they can live in for the next 5-8 weeks. I'm working on the coop.

I've got buff orpington, barred rock, leghorn, and Cornish rocks from Mt. Health Hatchery and a pair of crested cream legbar from a local guy.

This morning I had one on deaths door. I ended up giving it a couple drinks of water and a couple gulps of gatorade. now I can't tell which one it is. Guess it worked!

anyway, my kids are enjoying the process and I find myself just sitting by the coop a lot.

2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    I see you're already addicted! Warning, it only gets worse. Much worse. Chicks are wonderful and cute, but as they grow, a lot of us manage to bond with some of them, and we get very absorbed in our flocks in general.

And, in six months, you will be blessed with your own fresh eggs! What's not to love?

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Your post made me smile. This is such a wonderful hobby and trust me, it just gets better as time goes by and they grow and start laying and going broody… Wonderful stuff. Enjoy!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by