My fish died...

Quote:
If your aquarium is filtered, and has been for a long time, it is likely cycled. So a 10% change would be fine in order to keep nitrates low. I won't explain the nitrogen cycle to you since I assume you are very familiar with it after working in the aquarium department! But for an uncycled tank (cycling can be challenging to complete and maintain in volumes less than 5 gallons, but not impossible though), 100% changes are best. Gets rid of all accumulated ammonia. Though if someone regularly tests their water for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels and finds everything is hunky dory with their system, then continue with it!

By the way, Chickenfaerie, 74-76 degrees is actually an OK for B. splendens. A steady temperature from 74-78 degrees is a good range. Anything colder than that, and they won't be as healthy, active, or vibrant. A cold betta clamps their fins, barely moves, and appear pale. There is no comparison between betta kept in a heated, clean tank with enrichment and one kept in a filthy, cold bowl.

Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Thank you everyone!
@ Stacykins: My fish was being kept in a tank that was not even a gallon which was sold with Bubbles.

Quote:
my betta lived in room temp water for 4 years.
hu.gif

Congrats, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still tropical fish and room temperature is too cold for them to be healthy. Thailand is not a temperate location
roll.png

i know they are tropical fish. i was just saying. sorry i was not arguing with you

Back
Top Bottom