My flea market babies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kdcrws, Sep 2, 2008.

1. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Hey! New here and to the world of chickens. These are my first two chickies Coconut (the brn one) and Banana (the wht one) I bought them from a guy at our local flea market, and I'm not quite sure what breeds they are. We think that Banana is a White Leghorn but not for sure. And Coconut the guy said was a Quail Chicken? This is not a breed I have been able to find on the net so not too sure about that [​IMG]. Can't wait to know what my (what I hope to be girls) are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thanks!

Kelly

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've never heard of a Quail Chicken. Those both look like roosters to me.

[​IMG]

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Quote:Yeah-pretty sure they're both boys [​IMG]

4. kdcrws

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:I was afraid they may be boys [​IMG].... Dang! They have been sparing a lot lately. (do hens do that too?)

What do u think Their breeds are?

5. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    The white one could possibly be a leghorn, the other looks like a cross of somekind, maybe rhode island red cross. both roos though. Does the red one have a deformed leg? looks so in the photo.

6. kdcrws

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:no he gets around fine.... must be angle of the pic. He's my expert bug chaser [​IMG]

7. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    Well don't speckled sussex have that color feathering? I have a RIR Black Austerlorp that has red feathers with black speckles. The white one I think, looks like a leghorn. I just bought a leggy girl and she looks the same age as yours. If I could learn how to post pics I'd do it. By the way I love their names thats so cute![​IMG]

8. kdcrws

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Thank U! My almost 6 yr old Jenna named them....Because of their coloring We all thought she did a good job:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by