My flea market babies

kdcrws

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
L.C. FL
Hey! New here and to the world of chickens. These are my first two chickies Coconut (the brn one) and Banana (the wht one) I bought them from a guy at our local flea market, and I'm not quite sure what breeds they are. We think that Banana is a White Leghorn but not for sure. And Coconut the guy said was a Quail Chicken? This is not a breed I have been able to find on the net so not too sure about that
tongue.png
. Can't wait to know what my (what I hope to be girls) are!

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Thanks!

Kelly

Last edited:
Quote:
I was afraid they may be boys
sad.png
.... Dang! They have been sparing a lot lately. (do hens do that too?)

What do u think Their breeds are?

The white one could possibly be a leghorn, the other looks like a cross of somekind, maybe rhode island red cross. both roos though. Does the red one have a deformed leg? looks so in the photo.

Well don't speckled sussex have that color feathering? I have a RIR Black Austerlorp that has red feathers with black speckles. The white one I think, looks like a leghorn. I just bought a leggy girl and she looks the same age as yours. If I could learn how to post pics I'd do it. By the way I love their names thats so cute!
smile.png

Thank U! My almost 6 yr old Jenna named them....Because of their coloring We all thought she did a good job:D

Back
Top Bottom