My Flock (& breed guessing game)

So Smidge (bantam rooster) and Smudge (LF rooster) turned 19 weeks yesterday. A few weeks ago I noticed that Smudge would warn when he saw a hawk fly overhead. He and all the youngsters would run inside, but the older hens ignore him. Last week he started clucking for the hens when he found food, instead of eating it himself. Today was the first time I've seen him try to mate. It didn't go well for him, haha. He tried nonchalantly strolling past Ethel, then tried to grab her from behind. She whipped around, stomped his butt and chased him off, lol! She doesn't think he's a Romeo by any means!

Just an egg pic from last spring. Little layed the small egg.

Little checking out the camera last spring.

And now, pics from when Smidge and Smudge were babies. Also, the 3 chicks are 2 weeks old today, so I'll need to get some pics of them.

This next one was taken from pretty far away, so quality is bad, but they are lined up so nicely
263a.png

And these next ones are after Little gave them up (which was at 10 1/2 weeks!). They were out with the rest of the flock during the day, but still slept in the small chick cage at night. This is what I found several mornings. They are so cute!

And now, pics from when Smidge and Smudge were babies. Also, the 3 chicks are 2 weeks old today, so I'll need to get some pics of them.

This next one was taken from pretty far away, so quality is bad, but they are lined up so nicely
263a.png

And these next ones are after Little gave them up (which was at 10 1/2 weeks!). They were out with the rest of the flock during the day, but still slept in the small chick cage at night. This is what I found several mornings. They are so cute!

how sweet! talking about love birds......look at these to lol

how sweet! talking about love birds......look at these to lol

Brotherly love, haha!
1f60a.png

Started making poop board roosts yesterday, got one side done. One side left as well as a different design to go over the nest boxes, and will probably have to cover the rafter with wire to keep them out.

So Sunday we tacked wire up over the rafter to keep the chickens out. That worked well. Monday we did the poop board roost on the other side.

I still need to come up with something, probably another smaller poop board roost, to cover my nest boxes with. I was hoping they'd fit underneath the other roosts we made, but are too wide, with the center brace underneath the poop boards.

The chicks will be 3 weeks tomorrow, so I'll need to get updated pics. They're growing so fast!

So Sunday we tacked wire up over the rafter to keep the chickens out. That worked well. Monday we did the poop board roost on the other side.

I still need to come up with something, probably another smaller poop board roost, to cover my nest boxes with. I was hoping they'd fit underneath the other roosts we made, but are too wide, with the center brace underneath the poop boards.

The chicks will be 3 weeks tomorrow, so I'll need to get updated pics. They're growing so fast!

ok cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom