My Flock (& breed guessing game)

Smudge is gorgeous!

Thank you! I'm glad he can't read, he'd get a big head from all of the compliments
1f605.png

Got some 6 wk old group pics of the chicks yesterday. They are officially bigger than their mama, Little, now. I'm not keeping the cockerels, unless Smudge suddenly turns mean, so I'm not going to name them. I'm thinking of Princess for the pullet though.

I noticed Rosie eyeballing the nests Wednesday or Thursday and yesterday morning she was sitting in the nest. I doubt she'll lay at all, but maybe an egg or two. I think she may have laid a couple late spring/ early summer.

Poor little Teeny is missing. I'm afraid a hawk grabbed her and carried her off. There's no sign of anything, she just disappeared.
1f622.png
1f62d.png

My heart is broken. I lost my beloved Smidge today to a hawk, probably the same one that grabbed Teeny yesterday and left no trace. Smidge was attacked, got away, and then was attacked again. I feel terrible. Just yesterday evening I was sitting, spending time with the chickens, with Smidge perched on my lap. He was my first baby hatched.

RIP Smidge 5/22/16 - 11/6/16

RIP Teeny 6/16 - 11/5/16

Sunday afternoon, after I found Smidge had been killed, I ordered aviary netting to cover the 65x35 pen. Hubby and I got up the center braces, just have to finish putting up the rope that will support the center of the netting. Picture an A-frame tent. Tracking says the netting should be here this evening, so I'll be working on it Thursday.

Sunday afternoon, after I found Smidge had been killed, I ordered aviary netting to cover the 65x35 pen. Hubby and I got up the center braces, just have to finish putting up the rope that will support the center of the netting. Picture an A-frame tent. Tracking says the netting should be here this evening, so I'll be working on it Thursday.

oh no!!!!!!! SO SORRY!
hugs.gif

Thank you summer, I'm still heartbroken. I've been offered Smidge's brother, and I'll take him once we have the pen finished. It won't be the same, but it will help.

My heart is broken. I lost my beloved Smidge today to a hawk, probably the same one that grabbed Teeny yesterday and left no trace. Smidge was attacked, got away, and then was attacked again. I feel terrible. Just yesterday evening I was sitting, spending time with the chickens, with Smidge perched on my lap. He was my first baby hatched. RIP Smidge 5/22/16 - 11/6/16 RIP Teeny 6/16 - 11/5/16
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! :hugs :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom