My flock keeps growing so I'd better stop lurking!

MotherOfChkns

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 3, 2014
Santa Cruz mountains
Hi everyone!
I'm a chicken keeper from the Santa Cruz mountains. I have a backyard flock of 28 hens that are 11 different breeds. I just want two of everything! I have wyandottes, cochins, americaunas, australorps, brahmas, delawares, and many others. They're so beautiful. I even started painting my chickens this year and now I practically paint chickens full time. I'm going to go post in the "for sale" section about my custom chicken paintings, so if anyone wants a poultry portrait you should come check it out!
Edit: Nevermind, I didn't know you have to have 20 posts to try to sell anything. Maybe in a week or two. It does seem like a smart policy to make people get a reputation first.

Last edited:
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Beautiful painting! A quick way to get your post numbers up is to Welcome other new members in this forum.

We'd love to see pictures of your flock! I'm like you and I just want one of everything, so much so that I have to keep a flock just for eggs so that I can have whatever I want :p Beautiful painting!

Very nice painting, at first look I was going to ask you who the artist is. But, now I know. Do you have a website in re: your artwork?

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

WOW! That is a magnificent painting!! You have a real talent!!!!!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. Your Barred Rock painting is beautiful. You have a wonderful mix of breeds. The first breed that I ever had were Brahmas (almost 50 years ago), and they were gentle giants. Australorps are my favorite, standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds) and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made pets out of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in selling your poultry portraits.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

WOW...that is a gorgeous work of art!! Love it!! Keep up the great artistic work and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom