My Flock of 8 male rosters don't eat anything but leftover food

Keeping them encaged without free ranging time they might lack grit to digest the corn and other food etc. correctly.

Did you get a good look at their droppings? When did you last de-worm them?

If they get slimmer they might have some worm issue as well.

To fatten them up after de-worming and providing the necessary grit you could feed them additionally once a day

• cooked potatoes with brewers yeast, cracked corn and curd cheese and some crushed and dried eggshells for their bones.

Last edited:
Yes, I know the type.
ef00515d13326f9e3c41fefc9572d7e9ca51c701da2bec0e113d543ed9a9.jpeg

With you only checking on them every 3 days how do they get the fresh water they need every day? While chickens are generally easy to care for they do need care every day. Also ive never heard of anyone having only roosters. Is there a reason for that? If they are going to be meat birds they do have meat bird feed. I would stop giving them the corn. The only corn my chickens get is an occasional left over corn on the cob. It's pretty much all sugar.

With you only checking on them every 3 days how do they get the fresh water they need every day? While chickens are generally easy to care for they do need care every day. Also ive never heard of anyone having only roosters. Is there a reason for that? If they are going to be meat birds they do have meat bird feed. I would stop giving them the corn. The only corn my chickens get is an occasional left over corn on the cob. It's pretty much all sugar.
They have a large reservoir of water which is actioned when the water levels are too low

Back
Top Bottom