My Flock (Well, some of them) by Request

Yes, we live in the woods, no pasture. I only have a little under five and a half acres, with just over three of it for sale. If it doesn't sell, I was thinking about trying to open it up a little bit so we could have some pasture-like area-notice I said pastureLIKE, LOL. Doubt we'd be able to turn it into actual pasture, just more open.
I love to see all the coops from the kitchen and/ or bedroom window. I also have my floodlight on the corner of the house turned toward the coops so I can flip it on and see trouble. I would take out those scrubby pines and mulch them and let them age and dry, then you could at least use them in the runs. I have few pines on my place, but I do have some white pines, which are beautiful; I would take out the scrubby ones that seem more prone to the beetle infestations anyway.
Yes, that's my DH, Tom, my partner in crime, I call him. He swears the chickens are all my project, but he takes care of them as much as I do and built all the coops and they love him. I often find him sitting on the steps with two or three on his knees and/or shoulder.

Thank you very much. They are certainly the biggest chickens I own, even at only 27 weeks old. Velvet is just a total beachball with tons of fluff and feathers. Right now, I'm just trying to keep them alive in this record breaking heat.

Back
Top Bottom